Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Artio JoomSEF causes problems with Kunena avatars

• David J
  • David J's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by David J
Hi All

First post. I have made my new site live but at the moment a user cannot upload an avatar, or choose one from the default gallery. I have looked through older posts and the archive but not found an answer.

Clicking a radio button or choosing a file to upload results in nothing. There is no error message

I'm using the latest version 1.5.12 and my settings all all correct regarding uploading avatars and allowing choosing from the default library. I'm also using the default template so I'm a bit lost about what to test next.

It worked at some stage because I loaded my own Avatar. Even as a super admin I now cannot change my own avatar.

The site is www.payontime.co.uk

Anything pointers as to what I need to check?

Thank you

David J
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Maybe give a test account like that a moderator will test the issue on your site.

You can use
Code:
[confidential] account credentials [/confidential]
for let only moderators to show it.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

• David J
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by David J
Replied by David J on topic Re: Avatars not working at all
Hi xillibit

I have set up a moderator account.
This message contains confidential information
payontime.co.uk/pay-on-time-discussion-forums

Thank you

David J
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Make account details confidential

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
I have just tested your site, i can't upload an avatar or set one avatar for the avatar gallery.

I don't know where is exactly the issue, maybe try with default joomla! template to see if you have any differences.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't think it's a template issue. I tried just tried it with <users-domain-name>/forums/myprofile?do=avatar&template=rhuk_milkyway and it didn't work.

Looks like a lot of complicated script is running on that page that's nullifying Kunena. :unsure:

• David J
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #6 by David J
Hi xillibit and sozzled.

The default template rhuk_milkyway was not present on the www.payontime.co.uk website. I have re-installed it now but it still does not seem make a difference.

Not sure what complicated script is running but it used to work OK. As you can see, my Avatar is there but now I cannot delete it.

I'm happy for someone to access the admin or ftp on the test site to see if there is a problem elsewhere otherwise I don't really know what to do or test.

Thanks for your help so far.

David J

• David J
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #7 by David J
OK I tried different templates but no difference.

I then turned off Artio Joomsef and then everything worked. I could upload, delete, choose from the library etc.

Tunring on Joomsef again(I need good URL's) and changing the Joomsef Kunena extension to'Joomlas default router meant that `i could keep the SEF URL's and Kunens avatars still worked ok though the Kunena URLs are not as SEF friendly.

It was interesting to see that the avatar url changed with Joomsef Kunena extension changed.

This one works
/forums/myprofile/avatar

This one does not work.
/forums/myprofile?do=avatar

Joomsef have just released an update and mentions upgrades to certain plug-ins including the Kunena extension.

I will try this at the weekend (when my site is quieter) and report the results.

Thank you

David J

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Searching for Artio JoomSEF in these forums turned up a few interesting results that you may be interested to look at.

You might also be interested in the discussion [Merged topic] Kunena and SEO: Why would I need ANY third-party SEF plugin?

• David J
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #9 by David J
Hi Sozzled

Thank you for the links and information. Turning off the Kunena plug-in from Artio joomsef has cured the problem. I will test their latest version but not yet. I always like to wait a few weeks before upgrading anything.

The merits of an SEF component is down to the individual I suppose. To me it was a great help and I can control every aspect of SEO from 1 area. It also helped with SOBI2 URLs and titles.

I will report back on the lastest upgrade to Artio Joomsef when I upgrade.

Thank you for your help.

David J

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Tinychat
Hello,
I'm using;
Kunena 1.5.12
Joomla 1.5.17
Atio SEF 3.6.2
Tema siteground-j15-101

I have problem with avatar upload.
And also problem with select avatar from avatar gallery.

I think theme is not problem.
Exacly problem from Artio SEF. Because when I disable SEF I can add avatar.But You know in default joomla SEF haven't good links.

If I can do this my website is without problem.

Thanks for your helps from now :)

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds