Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Sig Bug

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by Telazorn
Sig Bug was created by Telazorn
Hello i am the web director of thefinalstand.com but we are having trouble with the SIG system.

Tried running the MySQL fix it updated the sig's but it did not fix the issue, if someone changes there sig it dose not change on the boards but it is only doing this to members that had accounts before Kunena was installed.

Would love any help and support!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Sig Bug
By "SIG system" I assume you mean the way that Kunena displays a user's signature. Is that what you mean? :unsure: (Please be careful using abbreviations - for many of the people who participate in this forum, English is not their native language ;) ).

How have you configured your forum's integration settings ? Do your users know how to change their signatures? How do they try to change their signatures (in other words, what "issue" were you trying to solve by getting involved with MySQL?) Are you using a third-party component like Community Builder or Jomsocial?

Also, I see from your website that you are using a non-standard Kunena template (default_ex_black). Please read There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template . This is not to say that the default_ex_black template has a problem with it but can you reproduce the problems that you asking about with the default_ex template? :)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by Telazorn
Replied by Telazorn on topic Re:Sig Bug
Yes i am using community builder and the first bug was that the user signatures did not show at all there was a fix in the support section of this forum in using the MYSQL command to fix that issue. But not no one can change there signatures, when they change in there profiles it still displays the old one in the forums and dose not change.

as for the template the bug is there even on the default one so it is a system error as far as i can see.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Telazorn wrote:

... as for the template the bug is there even on the default one so it is a system error as far as i can see.

That isn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the default_ex template, not the default template.

Getting back to basics, the question that most novice Kunena users have is "Where are the signatures stored?" The changes (with Kunena 1.0.10 and Community Builder 1.2.1) did not change where Kunena obtains the signature information. The signature information, used in Kunena's forums, has always been obtained from the Kunena user profile. Furthermore, users can modify this information themselves using Kunena's built-in tools.

What has been introduced into Kunena is the ability for users to update their signatures from the Community Builder user profile. However, many people are unaware of how to do it (see New forum tab location? how to add a signature ... ) and maybe you need to help them with the procedure? :)

Installing Kunena (or integrating it with CB 1.2.1) does not initialise the signature information. You may find it necessary to run a one-time "intialisation procedure" described elsewhere in this forum ( #18163 ).

There are two things that you need to check:
  1. You have properly configured the CB forum plugin (see How to setup the cbsimpleboardtab plugin )
  2. You need to check that the functionality works with the default_ex template.
If these things do not produced a positive result for you, please let us know ... but I think the "bug" you continually refer to is a defective Community Builder component. :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by Telazorn
Replied by Telazorn on topic Re:Sig Bug
i am trying not to make this sound rude i know were to change the "sig" in the community builder profile i am saying when it is changed it is not displaying the new one in the forums i have ran the MySQL install thing it fixed it once but if you change it it will not display the new one i have reinstalled Kunena and CB two times still not working same bug.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, telazorn. I understand and I sympathise with your frustration - I really do! - and I am not the least bit offended. I have several websites, some of them use Community Builder for the login/registration and forum details and some of them don't. In some cases I've chosen to use Community Builder profile integration and in some of them I've chose the Kunena profile integration. Because of the many months that we had to wait for Joomlapolis to update the Community Builder component so that it would properly co-operate with Kunena, most of us used workarounds or temporary hacks to get the functionality to work.

For the most part I haven't paid too much attention to the signature "problem" as you've described it. I mean, because I've set my signature via the Kunena user profile feature (and it works) I haven't had the need to change it any other way.

So, by way of my apology to you, you are correct: there is a defect with either Kunena or Community Builder. If you set the signature in CB its value isn't honoured in the Kunena component. To be honest with you, aside from regularly running the SQL procedure we've referred to, I don't know else how to make CB signatures override the Kunena ones! :blush:

Furthermore, in my previous message I was wrong when I wrote

What has been introduced into Kunena is the ability for users to update their signatures from the Community Builder user profile.

That, as it turns out from your report (and from my testing of it) was quite wrong. It seems you cannot update your Kunena signature directly from the CB user profile. :(

I also think that it's probably something for the Kunena developers to look into.

In the meantime, your users can modify their signature if you send them to <your-domain-name>/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=myprofile

:)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
While browsing through the forums here, I came across this item which I think addresses the problem: Signature bug CB integration?

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds