Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena 1.0.10 needs CB 1.2.1

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #1 by sozzled
As has been stated elsewhere in this forum , Kunena 1.0.10 does not work with Community Builder 1.1.

I have discovered that not only has K 1.0.10 been designed to make it more Community Builder-friendly it also includes several important dependencies (for those who use the Joomlapolis product) on the simultaneous installation of CB 1.2.1! I think this discovery is important enough to make the following announcement:

For users of Community Builder: you must upgrade to CB 1.2.1 before you can use Kunena 1.0.10.

Depending on the number of CB plugins that you have (and any customised changes you've made to Community Builder files) this may be a non-trivial exercise and it may take a couple of hours to complete the task. There are no ifs, no buts and no other workarounds offered or necessary. If you want the Kunena 1.0.10 upgrade to succeed, you will need to upgrade Community Builder ... or remove it. B)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
It would be wonderful if there was a simple guide to help people setup Community Builder to enable it for Kunena, but here's the 20-cent tour:

1. Make sure you publish the cbsimpleboardtab plugin (click the image to enlarge it):

2. Configure the cbsimpleboardtab plugin as follows (click the image to enlarge it):
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
Here's another reason why you need to upgrade CB 1.2.1 if you've upgraded to K 1.0.10: Quick reply doesn't work .

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by marcomo
Replied by marcomo on topic CB 1.2.2 and Kunena 1.5.11
Does it still work with CB 1.2.2 and Kunena 1.5.11 ?
Cause I am not able to display Karma, # of posts in CB profile.
Thanks

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, marcomo, and welcome to the forum.

As the subject of this thread reads, from Kunena 1.0.10 users must upgrade to Community Builder 1.2.1. That was the situation when I started this topic 10½ months ago. Community Builder 1.2.1 had some problems - some of them were addressed by workarounds developed by users at Joomlapolis but, if users wanted to run Kunena with Community Builder installed, users had to run CB 1.2.1. Let me put it another way: if you had CB 1.2 or CB 1.1 installed, you could not run Kunena at all.

It has taken Joomlapolis another 10 months to upgrade from CB 1.2.1 to CB 1.2.2. From the little that I know of CB 1.2.2, the later version fixes some of the problems that existed in CB 1.2.1. CB 1.2.2 is a different to CB 1.2.1 and it includes new functions and new functionality.

I have not yet tested CB 1.2.2 with Kunena. but there is nothing, that I am aware of, that stops Kunena 1.5.11 from working with this version. I am unaware of the issues that you have written about. I suggest you look at the Joomlapolis forums for an answer to your questions. If you find your answers, we would love to hear about them here. Thanks :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by marcomo
sozzled wrote:

G'day, marcomo, and welcome to the forum.

I have not yet tested CB 1.2.2 with Kunena. but there is nothing, that I am aware of, that stops Kunena 1.5.11 from working with this version. I am unaware of the issues that you have written about. I suggest you look at the Joomlapolis forums for an answer to your questions. If you find your answers, we would love to hear about them here. Thanks :)

I've posted the same question on Jommlapolis... let's see... I will let you know.
The mistake should be in this file cb.simpleboardtab.php but till now i can't understand it enought

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds