Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Problem: JInstaller::install: File does not exist

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by donhasatrone
Hello

Recently, i found kunena in web and decided to extend my webpage with a forum based on this component.
To do so, I had to upgrade my joomla 1.5.17 version to 1.5.23 version (the newest for the present day)

After I pressed 'install' button for kunena (no matter how I did it - either by uploading files to /tmp or by uploading zip package) two informations appeared:
1. Installation successful (seems OK but...)
2. JInstaller::install: File does not exist

I thought this is some kind of false alarm but I figured out very quickly that there is some serious problem about forum on my page. I can access to some main positions of the component - search, recent topics and stuff but when I try to enter some specific category - I receive a message that 'the file does not exist' like there is no subpage like this. What's more, I did not change anything - I installed kunena and tried to get into 'welcome' topic.

Is it possible that joomla updated incorrectly ?
I made a copy of original joomla and then overwritten updated files - result as above

after that, I deleted whole page uploaded the backup copy. This time I used 'joomla update manager' to do the 'update trick' for me. - result remained as above

The web page I am talking about is www.e-busines.info.pl - sadly, it is only in polish.

I am not using any seo component. Only 3-rd party extensions are some image gallery, contact form and accordion menu on the left, the site is quite simple...

Thank you in advance for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
please try installing by url

maybe thats helps. If not working. go to kunena backend - configuration. enable debug.

regards 810

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by donhasatrone
Hello 810

Thank you for your fast response. I did as you said but none of those options worked for me.

I got a little puzzled about this problem and I installed newest joomla 1.5.23 together with kunena on my server in diffrent catalog - result was satisfying, everything worked correctly.

I decided to do some 'google research' and found out, that the newest version of Kunena has some problems with other extensions. ( url to the topic www.kunena.org/forum/154-miscellaneous-o...s-with-seo-generator )
Althought the topic refered mainly to seo extension and joomla 1.6 which I do not have, maybe there is some catch about other extensions that can't work together with kunena?

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Your issue looks like you have wrong directory/file permissions in one of these (from Joomla root):

/administrator/components
/components
/media
/tmp

Most of our issues come from JavaScript in extenstions that use 3 years old version of Mootools 1.12.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by donhasatrone
Hello

There was another problem which was caused by my stupidity...

At the present time, i have a forum on e-busines domain which can be accessed through the main page. The alias to this forum was exactly the same as kunenas and it caused errors...

Everything is working correctly now.

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds