Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena 1.5.11 , Adjusting the topic width

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by iVeedu
Hello Everybody, This is my first post and not sure whether I posted it in the right place.

Question I have is, How to adjust the width of topic text area? Image attached.
Link: www.iveedu.com/forum/23-video-songs/165-malayalam

Appreciated any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Iveedu, and welcome to Kunena.

I've moved your message to a more appropriate area.

K 1.5.11 is not supported any more. If you must use K 1.5 then please upgrade to K 1.5.13. We recommend K 1.6.1 for new installations.

Useful information for you: Before you ask for help with template issues ... It really helps to look at the tutorial Firebug in the Wiki. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by iVeedu
Thank u for moving it to the right forum and the tips.
I have installed firebug and found the block of text in css. (image attached) Changed it from 170 to 100 but no luck.. it is not changing the width.

any thoughts/help is appreciated.THANKS

#Kunena td.fb-msgview-left {
background:#EFF0F4;
vertical-align: top;
width:100px;
min-width:100px;
border-bottom: 0px solid #BFC3C6;
border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6;
}
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Even after you edit the template CSS file and copy the new file to your website (and make sure that you've put it into the right place - see Where is the CSS file? and make sure you read the relevant parts of that article in relation to K 1.5) you may not necessarily see any changes.

This is often caused if you are still using the cached version of the file. Make sure you clear your browser cache first or force a new page refresh.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by iVeedu
Changed fb-msgview-left width from 170 to 100 and cleared the browser cache but no change in the display!

That probably means I did not change the correct value controlling the width of profile box. Any suggestions on which variable is controlling the width? Any help is appreciated.

Image attached.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by iVeedu
any help...please

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
You can't make your forum any wider than it already is because of two things:

(1) The overall width of your site template is too narrow!

(2) You have non-effective content in the right hand module position (move it to another module position or remove it completely)

Look at the second image below (ignore the numbers). In your case, the total effective width of evertyhing you display is 1024px. The left module width 205px and the right module width is 205px; that leaves you 614px for the component display. However, these are only raw widths and they don't take into account any left and right padding.

You have 614px to display everything in Kunena! Some of the images on your forum are 400px wide and so they don't fit.

You're using the JA_Purity template (or a slightly modified version of it) which means that this isn't even a Kunena problem! Change the site template width parameters as shown in the following screenshot.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: iVeedu

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by iVeedu
Another quick question. Sorry to bug you too much.My client has future plans for the "right" column. So, is it possible to hide column shown in the attached image. Hoping that will give more room for message text. THANKS!
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
I'm not answering your "other quick question" until you reply that our earlier advice was appropriate to your circumstances. It seems that you have not acted on any advice we we have previously given.

Your website is www.iveedu.com/forum - a completely new installation of Kunena! You should not be using K 1.5.11 for this purpose; we have previously advised that K 1.5.11 is no longer a supported version.

There is nothing on your website, that I can see, that would prevent you using K 1.6.1. For what reason does your client not wish to use K 1.6.1 or (for that matter) a version of Kunena that is supported?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by iVeedu
Actually I just downloaded the new version of Kunena and was looking for the documentation on how to upgrade an existing site.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds