Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Need help with mouse over on Kunena-top

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Ninjao
Hi guys,

I am trying to customize the comuna3(jomsocial) template to fit to my kunena template. I don't know much about css, I am using firebug to change most of the stuff.

I was wondering if you could tell me how I might change the "mouse over" animation of the kunena forum.

I have copied the buttons (left, right) and already replaced the ones on my kunena theme. However it does not match my comuna3 jomsocial style.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Ninjao
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Ninjao
this is what I would like it to look like (except with the Kunena button text of course)

:)
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Cerberus
ud have to edit teh kunena template css and add " border 0px 0px 1px 0px; " for normal button and for active button add " border 1px 1px 0px 1px; " and remove any lines that say background-image

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Ninjao
Ah I see your method would actually have the css draw the borders around the buttons.

The jomsocial template I have uses 2 images, one for the left and one for the right (like the default Kunena template I believe).

I was thinking I would just change the position of the buttons so that the mouse over effect still works.

Do you know how I might do that?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Cerberus
add to mouse over " border: 1px; and background-colour: #watevercolour u want;" then as u move mouse over u get ur button appear :D much faster than using an image for such a simple button :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Cerberus.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Ninjao
Ok I was trying to get it to work, and unfortunately havn't gotten it to work! :(

Here is the current css code I have(which I think is relevant to the tabs):
Code:
#Kunena #fb_topmenu { } #Kunena #Kunena_tab { margin:0; top:0; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab ul { margin:0; padding:0; list-style:none; float:left; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab li { display:inline; float:left; margin:0 1px 0 0; padding:0; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a { /* background: url("images/tabmenuright.gif") no-repeat right top; */ margin:0; padding:0; text-decoration:none; border 0px 0px 1px 0px; float:left; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a span { display:block; /* background:url("images/tabmenuleft.gif") no-repeat left top; */ padding:0 10px 0 10px; font-family:"Segoe UI",Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:small; color:#666666; font-weight:bold; line-height:35px; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a:hover, #Kunena #Kunena_tab li.Kunena_item_active a { background-position:right bottom; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a:hover span, #Kunena #Kunena_tab li.Kunena_item_active a span { background-position:left bottom; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; } #Kunena select, #Kunena select:focus, #Kunena select:hover { background:#F7F7F7 none repeat scroll 0 0; font-size:x-small; border:1px solid #999999; color:#000000; padding: 0px;

As you can see I commented out the images, which worked.. except no border :(?

thanks for your help so far!

-Ninjao

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Cerberus
Code:
#Kunena #fb_topmenu { } #Kunena #Kunena_tab { border 0px 0px 1px 0px; margin:0; top:0; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab ul { margin:0; padding:0; list-style:none; float:left; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab li { display:inline; float:left; margin:0 1px 0 0; padding:0; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a { /* background: url("images/tabmenuright.gif") no-repeat right top; */ margin:0; padding:0; text-decoration:none; border 0px 0px 1px 0px; float:left; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a span { display:block; /* background:url("images/tabmenuleft.gif") no-repeat left top; */ border:1px 1px 0px 1px; padding:0 10px 0 10px; font-family:"Segoe UI",Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:small; color:#666666; font-weight:bold; line-height:35px; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a:hover, #Kunena #Kunena_tab li.Kunena_item_active a { background-position:right bottom; } #Kunena #Kunena_tab a:hover span, #Kunena #Kunena_tab li.Kunena_item_active a span { background-position:left bottom; border:1px solid #999999; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; } #Kunena select, #Kunena select:focus, #Kunena select:hover { background:#F7F7F7 none repeat scroll 0 0; font-size:x-small; border:1px solid #999999; color:#000000; padding: 0px;

i think but id have to see it working and firebug it to be exact..

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Ninjao
I fixed the issue :)

To make it all fit I edited the Jomsocial template as well as the kunena template. I also switched to Default Ex, and I am heavily editing it to make it match my site.

Saved me a lot of work to just stick to the defaults and edit it myself. Firebug makes the whole process a lot quicker! ;)

Now to get my activity feed to work! :huh:

To people who might stumble upon this post later, take my advice: Download Firebug and stick to all default templates. Use firebug to find where you have to edit the default .css files and you will save yourself a lot of time in the end because the default templates have the best integration with other 3rd party extensions.

I know you might think you are saving time by using a template but in the end you might end up using a lot more time to get your template to work with 3rd party extensions!

-Ninjao

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Cerberus
i dunno my version of default_ex_dark is just as good as the default_ex one now :P but i agree firebug is ur friend..

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds