Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to change Category Icons?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by Moutas
I have searched all over the forum for a way to customize my category icons, but all I have found is a solution for an older version of Kunena. I don't want the icons to change as a whole but to have a different icon for each category. Can someone help me with this? Thanks :)
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by @quila
More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by Moutas
I have seen this solution however I cannot use it since I am using Kunena 1.5.15 on the website. I have searched for the image folder but it does not have those files (they are in another folder) and also there is no CATID to use so I'm kinda wondering where to go from here.
More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by @quila
this solution work with last Kunena version. You are right, there is not this 3 images, you need to create yours and put in the folder

{joomla_root_path)/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images

if you want to have images for category with id 4 you need 3 images named

4_notlogin.gif
4_off.gif
4_on.gif

in this folder
More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Moutas
Wow, to be honest I didn't think it would work but it did. Thanks alot for your help :)

Also someone should mark this as solved so they can add it to the archive.
More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by Fjody
Hi,

Kunena 1.5.12
Joomla 1.5.18

I'd like to change the category icons as well, but this instruction doesn't work for me at all.

I don't have any "Kunena" folder inside "Media" folder. I have tried to create all the folders media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images + all the images but it didn't help.

Then tried to put the images inside components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/images/english/icons but this also didn't work.

Can you help me please how to change the category icons in my Kunena 1.5.12?
My categories are named like Electronics, Cars, Fashion etc. so the images would be really needed to distinguish the categories.

Thanks in advance.
More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by @quila
Hi Fjody,

looking to my post from 8 months ago I cant remember that category images was in the folder media.
Instruction from here www.kunena.com/forum/103-solved-or-prior...category-icons#14641 is ok but folder is wrong.

Anyway right folder for K1.5.12 is

/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images/

place there images and should work.

If you still have trouble let me know
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fjody
More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by Fjody
Hi @quila,

seems it works.
The forum looks much better now when using images :-)

Thank you.
More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by agathe99
sorry to add to this subject, but it doesnt work for me.
I have joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.5.12 and I added the 3 files to all possible places I believe :) and I still do not see any pictures.
Can you please confirm the folder ? above you mention /media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images/ (which is the same as in the other post isn't it ?)
Thanks if you can help, this has been driving me a little crazy :)
More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
The folder path is ../media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images

@quila's instructions are correct. You can compare his instructions with these ones: Options for Customizing Subforums?
Time to create page: 1.973 seconds