Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How do I take out the Topics and Replies columns?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by damsella
There's no need for them in my forum and they take up valuable space - how do I take them out?

I've tried removing various lines in listcat.php but have messed it up a bit! I think I must have missed something.

Thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by damsella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
This is just my personal opinion, of course, damsella, but why would you want to go to all that trouble? Whatever changes you make now you'll only have to make the same changes again when K 1.5.11 is released (sometime in the next 24 hours); and then you'll have to make them again in K 1.5.12 (within the next week or two ... or whenever). When K 1.6 arrives making the changes will require a totally different approach.

So the question really boils down to "Why do I need to make these changes?"

As I wrote, not very long ago, in another topic - Move "number of replies" :

If you want to [make these changes], you will need to modify the PHP files that generate the various lists. These files are located in ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex. This is a non-trivial issue and I'm trying to answer [the] question as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, to test and prove a solution will take me a couple of hours, which is not a luxury that I can easily afford. Perhaps someone else might be interested in taking your request on-board as a customised hack for you?

Some things were meant to be and these two columns (while they consume more space than you would like to allow for them because of the restrictions imposed by your choice of Joomla template) should be left alone.

Food for thought? :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by damsella
Thanks sozzled. The truth is, I just don't need them. No-one is interested that there are 37,848 topics in one of my forums, with 579,209 replies. It is totally unnecessary information for us. And ditto for all the rest of my boards. It just gets in the way of the information we actually want, which is thread titles and forums.

It seems like it those columns were put in there because somebody, somewhere, could count topics and replies, so they did. But we don't need them.

And if I could learn how to do it in this release, then I will be able to replicate it in the next ones. So if anyone can help me with that, it would be great!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Again, this is something I very quickly looked at with Firebug (and, really, learning Firebug and CSS is something worth your time to investigate) and the following solution may fix the problem but it may also cause other problems. I haven't had time to check (I only spent two minutes looking at a possible cure):

Add, to the bottom of you Kunena template CSS, the following lines:

td.td-3, td.td-4, th.th-3, th.th-4 {
display: none;
}
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by damsella
Thanks sozzled. That did work for the Categories page, but unfortunately it also took out some columns in the Recent Discussions and My Discussions pages.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
That's what I thought. What I gave you was the quick fix (and it has unintended repercussions). I you want the detailed fix it means that you're going to have to dig deeper into the source code and, frankly, I don't have the time, nor the interest, to help you with this as we get closer to K 1.6. A disappointment, I know, but sometimes that's the way things go.

Someone else may be interested in making these changes for you for a small fee.

More
14 years 1 week ago #7 by @quila
Hi,

open the file listcat.php, find and comment (or delete)

<th class = "th-3> ... </th>
<th class = "th-4 ... </th>

then do the same with

<td class = "td-3> ... </td>
<td class = "td-4> ... </td>

More
14 years 1 week ago #8 by damsella
Thanks @quila, that is similar to what I did before, but hopefully your way is better as I think I took out another line as well, which messed things up.

More
14 years 1 week ago #9 by damsella
Okay, that nearly works - I think I must have done something wrong though:

www.damsels.org/index.php/forum/listcat

More
14 years 1 week ago #10 by @quila
Hi,

seems that you have also delete <th class="th-2"> ... </th>

restore this and look if works well.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds