Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Best way to populate Kunena with SMF users

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by davg
Thanks to all the advice in this forum (especially this thread ) I've managed to transfer all my posts from SMF to Kunena on a test site. Although each post is linked to a username, the user accounts were not transferred.

Is there an easy way of populating the Kunena forum or Joomla with the user details, such as username and password? If I do this before the forum migration, will the posts be linked to the correct user accounts?

Any advice is gratefully received. Avoiding the need for everyone to re-register would be fantastic. I could use phpadmin if someone could tell me which tables to export from SMF and then import into Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, davg. Are you running your SMF forum under Joomla? If you are, I think that you will find the following discussions useful:

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by davg
Hello sozzled,

I'm now just running Kunena with 200,000 posts, having transferred all the posts over. I'll read the links you provided but I also was thinking of the following:

To get the user accounts over, I was thinking of doing the following on another temporary Joomla installation:
a) Use something like JFusion to synchronise the users from the SMF forum to Joomla database
b) Export the relevant user tables from the Joomla database to the database in my real Joomla website
c) Then redo the transfer of posts from SMF to Kunena on my real Joomla website, hoping that the posts are now linked to user accounts,

Hope that makes sense!? I wonder if it will work.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply, davg. :) Good luck. You seem to have a handle on what you're trying to achieve.

Could you do me a favour, please. There is a user having a problem in the discussion thread, Kunena users/members . I don't know much about JFusion but maybe that might help in the other situation. What do you think?

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by brianfischer74
davg did you have success with this. It seems like I'm in a similar spot.

converted from smf. All posts and topics went over. However all the old posts show as username instead of realname and cannot click on to get to their profile. I would like to at least get them to real name.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds