Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question how to add, change and / or delete users in Kunena?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1 by jcolome
I am new to Kunena and installed it last night with no problems. I can't figure out how to add, change and / or delete users ?

If I go to the user admin area there's only a few items there but none to make changes to users.

Please help -

Thank you and have a great week.

Juan Colome
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by jcolome. Reason: wrong title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Kunena does not perform any of the user registration tasks like adding, changing or deleting user accounts. These functions are handled by Joomla. Other third-party extensions (like Community Builder and JomSocial) can assist these account maintenance functions (if you have them installed).

The Kunena User Administration function allows you to administer certain functions that registered users have in your forum (such as forum "rank" or moderator privileges). The Kunena user table obtains these records from your Joomla user table. In other words, when a new user registers with your site a a Kunena record is created from their Joomla account. When a user is unregistered (i.e. deleted from the Joomla table) the corresponding record is also deleted from the Kunena table.

Sometimes the Kunena table gets out-of-step with the Joomla table. To work around this problem there is a Synchronize Users function that you can use to put the Kunena table back in step, to delete Kunena records where there is no matching Joomla record or add a new Kunena record if a new Joomla record is found.

I hope this information helps you. In future, would you please use a better topic title so that you (and others who have the same question like it) can find it through the forum search. Perhaps you might edit your original message and change the title like I have done in my reply? ;)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #3 by Lintzy
Hello jcolome, welcome to our forum.

You can find a lot of helpfully tutorials in the Kunena Documentation (Wiki)

These two wiki-articles will give you answers about your question

docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_delete_a_user%3F
docs.kunena.com/index.php/Synchronizing_users
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Lintzy.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by jcolome
Thank you - now it makes sense. I also changed the title.

Thanks again

Jcolome

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by Lintzy
You are welcome :)

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds