Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Solved] - Cannot access kunena control panel after Install

More
14 years 10 months ago #21 by javix
I have the same issue and have none of the extensions mentioned.

Looks like it is a Joomla unzip issue.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #22 by provafm
Has anyone identified which files they're installing from (.zip, .tar.gz)?
I just installed Kunena for the first time & got this error.

I did "Install from URL." (My 1st time. Never knew that existed). I copied this URL to the Install URL text box: joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/10...88_2009-06-15.tar.gz

Everything installed correctly. Got "Install: Successful"
php 5.2.9
mysql 5.0.6.7-community

After reading this forum, I uninstalled Kunena, dropped all the #__fb tables & made sure the com_kunena folders were deleted. I then reinstalled "from URL" using the .zip & everything worked fine. Opened "toolbar...." & it's 224 lines long. Between my 2 installs, the ONLY thing I changed was I used the .zip instead of the .tar.gz.

Using:
J! 1.5.11
CB 1.2
AUP
Agora forum
uddeIM
JoomlaPack
VM
Xmap

Hope this helps.
-David

Get a professional advertisement @ the price you pick @ prova.fm

More
14 years 10 months ago #23 by mags
I just installed from the .zip file, rather than from the .gz file...and didn't get the error after the install. The sites are on the same server. There was another difference in the upgrade file used as well. FTP was enabled in the Joomla global configuration file on the one that gave me no errors.

Also... off topic, but....rather than creating a new menu item to the forums... I've just been using the 'Change" button for the menu and it has worked without issue so far.

More
14 years 10 months ago #24 by kankaanp
Well, I've never heard of the component causing problems to others but I'm still experiencing the problem on:
Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.11 Production/Stable [ Vea ] 03-June-2009 03:30 GMT
configuration.php: Not Writable (Mode: 444 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.6.18-6-amd64 ( x86_64) | Web Server: Apache ( terokankaanpera.fi ) | PHP Version: 5.2.9-0.dotdeb.1
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): Yes | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 120 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: ( )

Extended Information:
SEF: Enabled (with ReWrite) | FTP Layer: Disabled | htaccess: Implemented
PHP/suExec: User and Web Server accounts are not the same. (PHP/suExec probably not installed)
PHP Environment: API: cgi-fcgi | MySQLi: Yes | Max. Memory: 128M | Max. Upload Size: 20M | Max. Post Size: 21M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Zend Version: 2.2.0
Disabled Functions: show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, popen, proc_open, phpinfo
MySQL Client: 5.0.81 ( )

MySQL interface is actually mysqli but JTS doesn't report it correctly.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #25 by erix
JBHawaii wrote:

Solution:

Line 92 change to:
<...>

This should allow you to enter the control panel for kunena!

thank you I had the same problem and that was the solution ;)

Joomla! : 1.5.11
Kunena : com_kunena_v1.5.3_stable_b1688_2009-06-15.tar.gz
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by erix. Reason: forget my version..

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds