Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Solved] - Cannot access kunena control panel after Install

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #11 by johnnydement
Is not joomsuitedefender, as I don't know what that is, and I've been reporting this since first 1.51b internal build :(

No big deal though, you just have to overwrite with the toolbar file in the installer ;)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by johnnydement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12 by JBHawaii
johnnydement wrote:

Is not joomsuitedefender, as I don't know what that is, and I've been reporting this since first 1.51b internal build :(

No big deal though, you just have to overwrite with the toolbar file in the installer ;)

joomsuitedefender is a 3rd party firewall component for joomla, it protects against php & sql injections. I think in my case specifically it's the culprit because I have done it on several domains, and was getting the same result. On each domain when I uninstalled joomsuitedefender all installations were a success and the toolbar file never got truncated.

*Note I also tested this on a fresh install with no other components except joomsuitedefender. Therefore, in my case only this was the culprit.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #13 by nzimas
Matias wrote:

Well, now we need to find out what makes JoomSuiteDefender to break our file..

I don't have that extension installed and got the file truncated anyways
The issue may lie elsewhere.

Here's my environment:
Joomla 1.5.11
Community Builder 1.2.1
JUGA 1.52
PROMA 2.1

Server:
PHP 5.2.4
MySQL 5.0,51
nginx 0.6.x

More
14 years 9 months ago #14 by JBHawaii
If you have gzip enabled, disable it and then re-install kunena... although, I doubt it. Gzip can affect some components during install, except I don't exactly know how. I had a problem in the past with another component that would not install correctly until I disabled gzip.

Anyhow I am just throwing out an idea. I got my issue resolved and halfway done with my new template!

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #15 by nzimas
Nope, no Gzip turned on.
Just hope all other kunena files are intact after installation.

In case it matters, the box i have detected this malfunction on looks like this:

Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-xen x86_64
MySQL: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1
Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP: 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5
Web server: nginx/0.6.13
PHP Interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla!: Joomla! 1.5.11 Production/Stable [ Vea ] 03-June-2009 03:30 GMT
Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009051209 Mandriva/1.9.0.10-1pclos2009 (2009) Firefox/3.0.10

More
14 years 9 months ago #16 by kai920
Same issue here, had to manually upload toolbar.kunena.php.

Running Joomla 1.5.11, PHP 5.1.6, Database 5.0.45.

More
14 years 9 months ago #17 by Matias
This is looking more and more Joomla 1.5 unzip bug. When I was troubleshooting one Kunena installation I noticed that there's a workaround for this bug: just try to install Kunena in another format. If you used zip, try tar.gz next etc..

More
14 years 9 months ago #18 by JBHawaii
either way, this was the only issue I have found so far... Everything seems to be operating good.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #19 by mags
Thanks for the thread. I had the same issue... searched the forums, found this thread.
Linux/Apache
PHP 5.2.5
Joomla 1.5.11
CB 1.2.1
Remository
Event List
UddeIM 1.5

I installed using latest version of 1.53 tar.gz
After error, I downloaded zip.. unzipped and simply replaced the toolbar.kunena.php on the server with the toolbar.kunena.php from the zip files.
Worked.. (for now :-)
I'll see what else is around the corner

More
14 years 9 months ago #20 by kevinmeza
I know this item is flagged as solved, but in my case I am having the same problem as nzimas and I don't have installed JoomSuite Defender, however when I removed Alpha user points component and installed Kunena using the zip version it worked fine, yet I am not sure if Alpha user points was causing the issue or using the .zip version installer resolved my problem. I will continue troubleshooting this issue and I will share the outcome, so far is working fine now...

Regards,

Kevin

P.S. I originally installed the tar version, which I got error above.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds