Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Moving the complete forum (users, posts etc.) to another website

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by kriisp
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. As the headline says, I need to move the entire forum to another website. How do I do that? Do I just need to dl some specific folders from my server? I can't log into the backend of my website due to technical issues which I can't fix (I'm gonna make a clean installation of Joomla).

I hope that somebody can help me.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
In order to do that you need to copy database (jos_fb_*) and at least users (jos_users, jos_core_acl*, jos_sessions) into the new database after you have installed joomla into it. Then just install Kunena and it should work.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by kriisp
Thanks Matias. Very helpful! :)

I exported/imported the jos' you mentioned into a testside. However... it said that the jos_core_acl* and jos_sessions already existed. I imported the others and the topics and their stats are there but not the registered members. Any idea how I handle this? Do I need to overwrite the existing jos_core_acl* and jos_sessions?

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
This question seems to be asked a lot. Here are a few discussion topics that cover the essentials: That's a start. Of course, if you have an "empty" Joomla website created elsewhere, you will already have the tables jos_core_acl*, jos_sessions and a few other ones there. If you want to preserve your existing Kunena forum then you'll need to overwrite those tables.

If, on the other hand, you simply want to copy your entire Joomla website from one place to another, I recommend that you use a tool like Akeeba Backup (formerly known as Joomlapack) which makes the whole task as easy as a stroll in the park. B)

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by kriisp
Thanks a lot! I'll check those topics later today when I get some spare time.
:)

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds