Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Post-Migration Issues: need to recalc hit-count and posts-count

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by JLW
After migrating from fireboard 0.6+ on Joomla 1.0.12 to Kunena 1.5 on Joomla 1.5.17, I'm having the following issues:

1. post-count is out of sync

Beside each user's posts is a box with user info, including the number of posts by that user. The number of posts ascribed to the user is wrong, having been reset to zero for everyone.

The 'posts' field of the jos_fb_users table is currently all zeros. However, the Kunena backend shows the correct number of posts in the stats for the top ten most active posters. (Where are these correct counts coming from?)

What SQL query could I run in phpMyAdmin to recalc the jos_fb_users 'hits' field, which is currently all zeros? And: Is that all I need to do?

2. profile views are all zero

The backend stats report of the most popular users (number of profile views) is empty because the data is all zeros. Might this info be replicated in another table?

If not, I do have the tables from before the migration and I could put one with this info into the current database.

Either way, what query would I need to run to setup the field values to what they were before?

3. Log in problem

The following tables all appear to be populated nicely with the users: jos_fb_users, jos_comprofiler, jos_users, and jos_core_acl_aro; but the old users can't log in! They appear in the tables, but can't log in.

The user lists appear correct in the back end of Joomla & Kunena & CB user lists; and also appear correctly in the front-end CB member lists.

Strangely, if they re-register with the same ID, password, and email as before, then they *can* then log in, and can post. This works even tho' they re-register with the same email address (which the cb_login module is supposed to block!).

I can attach the relevant tables if someone is willing to inspect them and advise me. There is another table (jos_comprofiler_members) whose function I don't understand but which has only 23 records rather than all the users.

Thank you for your attention.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by JLW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by JLW
Just noticed another clue:

In the box beside each post, the id of the poster is usually a link to the profile. But this s true only for the new users who registered in the last couple days (since the migration). The older posts have the id's by they aren't links.

For those who want to observe all these behaviors, the site is accordionist.org

Thanks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) 2°) What kunena version do you using ? Please use default_ex template for kunena, the others templates provided by default are deprecated.
the users count are saved in jos_fb_users

3°) Your users are enabled ?
What's happens exactly when you try to log in ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #4 by JLW
xillibit wrote:

1°) 2°) What kunena version do you using ?

Please use default_ex template for kunena, the others templates provided by default are deprecated.

I didn't consciously migrate any old template. The Kunena config drop-down list of templates shows "default" and "default_ex." The installation set it to "default" by default (ha ha); and I didn't know there was a second option until now. I have just now switched both the template and the images from "default" to "default_ex".

the users count are saved in jos_fb_users

All the values in the 'posts' field of the jos_fb_users table became reset to zero during migration. Nevertheless, the stats in the Kunena admin backend show the correct number of posts for the top ten most active posters. Wherever these correct counts are coming from, I'd like to get them for all users and fill in the 'posts' field of the jos_fb_users table with correct data. Does anyone have an idea how to do that? Perhaps an SQL query to count and update?

3°) Your users are enabled ?

yes.

The only thing that looks wrong about the data tables is that the cb_comprofiler_members file seems truncated at only 23 members.

What's happens exactly when you try to log in ?

It's weird. I can log in fine, but I'm special (both moderator and super-admin). New registrations work fine in all ways. Older memberships are not recognized by mod_cb_login, BUT... if you click "forgot password" and have the website send you a new one, you can then log-in and post.

Even in the new template:

*some* threads are listed three times on the category forum page. But editing any one of them changes all three (so there's only one underlying record???).

*some* users appear three times in the Kunena back-end User Management, identcally except that one included the signature and the other two did not. After editing one of the latter two (but the edit did not involve adding a signature) and saving, all three still showed on the user list and all three now showed the edit and the signature.

When viewing posts in the frontend with the default_ex template, the ID of the poster is a link to the profile (which is as it should be) only if the poster is a newly registered user since the migration, *or* if the poster is a pre-migration member who requested a lost-password reset since the migration.

BUT... the ID of the poster is *NOT* a link to the profile if the poster regained website access by re-registering (with the same ID, password, and email address as before the migration).

Very curious!

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #5 by xillibit
What is the exact version of fireboard from which you had migrated ?

JLW wrote:

All the values in the 'posts' field of the jos_fb_users table became reset to zero during migration. Nevertheless, the stats in the Kunena admin backend show the correct number of posts for the top ten most active posters. Wherever these correct counts are coming from, I'd like to get them for all users and fill in the 'posts' field of the jos_fb_users table with correct data. Does anyone have an idea how to do that? Perhaps an SQL query to count and update?

Try this query and before don't forget to backup your database :
Code:
INSERT INTO jos_fb_users (userid, posts) SELECT m.userid, COUNT(m.userid) FROM jos_fb_messages AS m INNER JOIN jos_fb_users AS u ON u.userid = m.userid WHERE m.hold=0 and m.catid IN (SELECT id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE published=1) GROUP BY m.userid ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE posts=VALUES(posts)

JLW wrote:

It's weird. I can log in fine, but I'm special (both moderator and super-admin). New registrations work fine in all ways. Older memberships are not recognized by mod_cb_login, BUT... if you click "forgot password" and have the website send you a new one, you can then log-in and post.

Even in the new template:

*some* threads are listed three times on the category forum page. But editing any one of them changes all three (so there's only one underlying record???).

*some* users appear three times in the Kunena back-end User Management, identcally except that one included the signature and the other two did not. After editing one of the latter two (but the edit did not involve adding a signature) and saving, all three still showed on the user list and all three now showed the edit and the signature.

When viewing posts in the frontend with the default_ex template, the ID of the poster is a link to the profile (which is as it should be) only if the poster is a newly registered user since the migration, *or* if the poster is a pre-migration member who requested a lost-password reset since the migration.

BUT... the ID of the poster is *NOT* a link to the profile if the poster regained website access by re-registering (with the same ID, password, and email address as before the migration).

Maybe there was an issue with passwords during migration

Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by JLW
xillibit wrote:

Maybe there was an issue with passwords during migration

Or maybe the cb_login validates by looking in one file (the truncated jos_comprofiler_members???), but issues password resets by looking in another (the complete jos_users???), and then syncs that member's records as part of processing the reset???

(I'm just brainstorming here, I haven't looked at the code, and this idea may be ridiculous.)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by JLW
xillibit wrote:

What is the exact version of fireboard from which you had migrated ?

I think I was at 1.0.0 beta.
(Disregard the version info from my original post. 0.5b -> 0.6+ ->... was my version of uddeIM, not simpleboard/fireboard.)

I used the com_converter to save the config in the database.

I downloaded and upgraded to 1.0.5.

(At some point _sb_ became _fb_; both sets of tables were still in the database; but that may have been an artifact from some previous migration. The still earlier phpBB tables were also there, but with different prefix.)

Then I tried using the migrator, which didn't work for me:

I had to manually change the prefix of all the tables from content_ to jos_ to get around a bug in the Joomla 1.5.17 install script that chokes if the table prefix is the same as the name of a component. (It queries for jos_jos_... tables instead of jos_content_... tables)

Even after renaming all the still-needed tables, migrator didn't work for some of my components. I ended up using mtwMigrator, which mostly did.

I was upgrading and migrating so many components, trying different things, that I'm now a bit fuzzy on what happened in the end. I think mtwMgrator worked on everything except kunena at first. Two possibilities about what happened next:

I think I ended up installing kunena on the new site, importing the fb tables directly to the new site, and then ran the mtwMigrator again selecting *only* kunena. Or perhaps the first Kunena install was on the old site and then I moved the tables and reran mtwMigrator.

Anyway, the result is close to whole...

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by xillibit
For kunena the upgrade process is the following :

Copy the fireboard 1.0.5 tables jos_fb_* on your new site with joomla 1.5.x , then you have just to install kunena 1.5.11, the upgrade processus will be done automatically.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by JLW
xillibit wrote:

Try this query and before don't forget to backup your database :

Code:
INSERT INTO jos_fb_users (userid, posts) SELECT m.userid, COUNT(m.userid) FROM jos_fb_messages AS m INNER JOIN jos_fb_users AS u ON u.userid = m.userid WHERE m.hold=0 and m.catid IN (SELECT id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE published=1) GROUP BY m.userid ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE posts=VALUES(posts)

I backed up the db, then pasted the Query into phpMyAdmin. The result was strange:
Code:
642 row(s) inserted. ( Query took 6.8479 sec ) INSERT INTO jos_fb_users( userid, posts ) SELECT m.userid, COUNT( m.userid ) FROM jos_fb_messages AS m INNER JOIN jos_fb_users AS u ON u.userid = m.userid WHERE m.hold =0 AND m.catid IN ( SELECT id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE published =1 ) GROUP BY m.userid ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE posts = VALUES ( posts )

Why only 642 rows?

So I went to see the result. See the attached image file. This is jos_fb_users sorted by number of posts. Notice that now each user is in there twice (and with different numbers of posts).

Also see the other attached file, which is the image of the forums tab of a member's CB profile in the front end. Notice how his many posts are all listed in the tab, but his number of posts in the header area is only 1.
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by JLW
The second image file is here:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds