Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important 2 errors in Kunena

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by mitchmink
2 errors in Kunena was created by mitchmink
Hi all,

i have 2 errors on my website.

1) i cant navigate trough the posts . I have set the posts per page on 50. When i click the thread i go to page 2 but i can't see page 1 anymore.

2) is there any way i can set order the posts in a thread ? i know it is possible to set the order of the posts by newest first and oldelst first in the user profile but i want to set the newest posts first automaticly.

hope you understand me :)

cheers
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor spelling edit in subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
G'day, mitchmink, and welcome to Kunena.

First of all, we like to remind all our users that they can probably save themselves time if they familiarise themselves with a few general guidelines that are summarised in K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first . It saves you time if you provide some basic information about your installation and it save us time asking for it. So, let's start with the basics:

What version of Kunena are you using and what Kunena template are you using?

I don't quite understand the first problem you are having but, after you provide the information I've asked for, we can look deeper into it.

"First-post-first" vs "last-post-first" is, as you know, a user preference that is settable on a per-user basis. I am a strong believer in allowing users as much control over their own preferences instead of imposing my ideas on how they should operate the forum. You know how to change the preference for you (so there's no problem there) what's the problem that you are having?

By default, Kunena sets the preference to first-post-first (and users can change it around the other way, if they like). There is no "universal setting" to apply an alternative preference to all users in K 1.5.x (and I think that is a good thing, too!) nor is there a setting in K 1.6. The short answer is that the development team has given this matter a great deal of thought and they have decided that the status quo should remain - each user can choose the order that messages appear (either the first post first, and later posts in increasing chronological sequence, or the most recent post first, and earlier posts in decreasing chronological sequence).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitchmink

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by mitchmink
Replied by mitchmink on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
first of all sorry for the post without the requested information.

My joomla version = 1.5.15
My kunena version = 1.5.9
Kunena template = grey

"First-post-first" vs "last-post-first" is, as you know, a user preference that is settable on a per-user basis. I am a strong believer in allowing users as much control over their own preferences instead of imposing my ideas on how they should operate the forum. You know how to change the preference for you (so there's no problem there) what's the problem that you are having?

When a user select the option in his kunena user profile (last posts first) it doesn't work. It still showing it the normal way.

I don't quite understand the first problem you are having but, after you provide the information I've asked for, we can look deeper into it.

I will explain it better: I cant navigate trough the pages from the posts. It is showing me page 2 and i can't go to page 1. here is a screenshot. [img]C:\Profiles\mmi001ab\Desktop\forum-error.png[/img]
Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I don't know anything about a "grey" template (default_gray, perhaps? :unsure: ) but it sounds like it's the template that causing all your problems (see There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex for more information about the default_gray template). I know for a fact that the default_gray template clobbers page navigation/pagination dishonours the last-post-first preference.

Secondly, you should, as soon as possible, upgrade to K 1.5.11 because it fixes 30+ known problems with K 1.5.9.

There you go: two good tips for the price of one! :laugh:

Please confirm that it was default_gray template that you were using. If it is, get rid of it, use default_ex, familiarise yourself with the "sticky" messages in the Support category, and you won't have any more problems. ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by mitchmink
its not default_gray but another template from the internet :) its called grey, it comes also with a jomsocial template grey :) when i upgrade everything will go right ?

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by mitchmink
i have upgraded to the 1.5.11 version but i still have the latest-posts issue :) and the other issue is still on too.

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
I have no idea what this "grey" Kunena template is, who designed it, or what version of Kunena it was created for. I am pleased that you have upgraded to K 1.5.11. Your pagination issue and user preference issue will disappear if you use the default_ex template. What have you got to lose? :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by mitchmink
it is not a good template for my site haha :) the style is not good enough

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
mitchmink wrote:

Then use firebug fro firefox and modify the COLORS of the default template to match your site :) as long as you use the file from K1.5.11 and your sensible with what you change there should not be to many issues.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
Cerberus wrote:

mitchmink wrote:

Then use firebug fro firefox and modify the COLORS of the default template to match your site :) as long as you use the file from K1.5.11 and your sensible with what you change there should not be to many issues.

The current templates have the code built into it Mitch, so if you upgrade to the latest build of Kunena but still use that older template you are pretty much still using a older version of Kunena.

I would recommend using the default_ex and do what Cerb said and modify the default_ex template.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds