Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Possible to allow guest to post

More
14 years 1 week ago #1 by thegenni
Hi

Is it possible to allow guest`s to post without registrering?

If you are danish, you should really check out my It Forum . Otherwise you might not understand my language... But check the design anyway ;-)
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

It's possible, just configure this in backend, in kunena configuration panel : Public Read/Write .

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by thegenni
Ok, thanks. BUT

I cant see the "Create Post" button.

I`ve got this line that displays:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\components\com_kunena\kunena.php on line 698

Im running the newest wamp server

If you are danish, you should really check out my It Forum . Otherwise you might not understand my language... But check the design anyway ;-)
More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
The "deprecated PHP warnings" - a side-effect of WAMP - has been discussed several times in this forum. Here are some search results for topics that handle these issues.

thegenni wrote:

Ok, thanks. BUT ...

I assume that we've answered your "guest posting" question? :dry:
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by otips
Hi All,

Is is possible to Allow guest post/write privileges at the category level? I would like to create one category where guests can post to try our support boards before they register and set review posts = yes, so as to minimise rule violation.

I think this would encourage more people to register.

Thanks
O
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by otips.
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by mstephan
Hmm..I'm pretty sure the ability for guests to post is currently a forum-wide setting. Perhaps you could activate this and set the public access to registered for any boards you do not want guests to be able to post in? You can set review posts to any category you wish in the Category Manager.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by mstephan.
More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
This topic was started 15 months ago and relates to K 1.5. The advice given then applies to that version and does not apply to K 1.6 which has changed this operation in many significant ways. I think this topic has served its usefulness and should be considered closed.
More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by mstephan
Sorry >.< I didn't look at post dates.
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #9 by otips
Cheers.
But I am none the wiser, despite exhaustive searches within these boards.

Our boards are open to Everyone to read, so setting public access to registered only would delimit this. Is there a way to do this at the forum category/section level? Even through custom code.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by otips.
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
otips: You posted your question in a topic that was was started 15 months ago that related to a release of K 1.5 that is no longer supported. The advice given then applies to that version and does not apply to K 1.6 which has changed this operation in many significant ways. We recommend that all users of K 1.5.x should upgrade immediately to K 1.6 to fix the problems that were involved in that older version.

thegenni wrote (15 months ago):

Is it possible to allow guests to post without registering?

The short answer to that question is yes - in both K 1.5 and in K 1.6 - and xillibit answered that question.

otips wrote:

Is is possible to Allow guest post/write privileges at the category level?

This is a different question but the short answer is, again, yes. Implementing the solution may be different depending on what version of Kunena people are using.

Let us be clear that, if people are using K 1.6, people should not resurrect old K 1.5 topics because other people, who also use K 1.6 and who may want to know the answer, will not find their answer by looking in the K 1.5 forum categories.

What version of Kunena are you using?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds