Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question JS error when using BBcode

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by zilveer
Hi everyone,
I get JS error when I use BBcode on my page. For the moment I just use i locally so I have nothing to show up.
Anyway I used version 1.5.6 when I did a clean install.
It didn't work to use BBcode. I got the following error, I use firebug to get to know the problem:

syntax error
[Break on this error] color = String(numberList[r]) + Stri...rList[g]) + String(numberList<strong>);\n

Then I uninstalled it and used Kunena 1.5.7 but even though I get the same problem.
When I use any BBcode the BBcode doesn't show up in the textarea.

What could I do to fix this problem?

/Thanks for helping me..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
We are using K1.5.7 in this forum and BBCode seems to work perfectly in here. Can you confirm that it works for you, too?

If BBCode works for you in this forum, there is most likely some kind of conflict between Kunena and some module or Joomla template you have installed.

If we find out what causes this error, it can be fixed. So first I would like you to switch using default templates in both Joomla and Kunena to see if that is the problem. If it does not help, try disabling modules to see, if it is some of them.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by zilveer
hi..
i tried to use the default joomla theme but even though it doesnt work for me..

yes i can use bbcode in this kunena forum.. but i cannot get it work for me.
/bes regards

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by zilveer
hi matias,
i know what the problem is..
i did a pure clean installation of joomla standard without any templates.
then i installed kunena.. it worked like a charm..

in my other installation i have the rockettheme affinity template installed.. it seems to be conflicting with thair template.
how can we solve this?

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
I've been waiting for someone who could solve it with me, but I have never got enough information.

Already your first message reveals me something, so maybe we can get this solved this time!

It seems that the first conflict is "color".

Edit components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.bbcode.js.php and replace variable color with kcolor in lines: 86, 99, 100, 115, 116, 117. Do not touch anything else. Did it help at all?

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #6 by zilveer
hi,
i still get this error:
Code:
syntax error [Break on this error] kcolor = String(numberList[r]) + Str...rList[g]) + String(numberList<strong>);\n index.ph...2#content (line 425) colorPalette is not defined [Break on this error] &nbsp;<span style="white-space:nowrap;">\r\n index.ph...2#content (line 772) line 425 is: kcolor = String(numberList[r]) + String(numberList[g]) + String(numberList<strong>); line 772 is: colorPalette('h', '4%', '15px');

thanks for your help
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by zilveer.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7 by zilveer
matias:
could you please help me with this issue.
i can give you whatever information you need.
/regards

More
14 years 4 months ago #8 by Matias
I do not know why you will get syntax error. Maybe you could PM me URL/login info?

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #9 by Creatorffm
Hi all give this a try: RokCandy Fix . Hope this helps. It worked for me and I am also using the Affinity template. You don not need to worry about the RokBox fix in the same post. Just look for the BBcode line in the rokcandy_system.php and place the suggested code below it. The fix is the last post in the topic. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dave

Dave "Creator" Marshall
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Creatorffm.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10 by zilveer
thanks for the help matias and creatorffm.
i tried to disable system - rokcandy in the plugins and it worked like a charm.
it seems to be the rokcandy macros which is the problem.

note. i didnt want to change anything in the files sine when updating kunena later i dont want to make changes at every update.

thanks once again:)

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds