- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Question my RSS feed is on a dirty protest
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #23998
by forumspod
my RSS feed is on a dirty protest was created by forumspod
I've finally got my forum doing what its supposed to do and want to show the various threads/forums/posts in a joomla rss feed module - the module works if I use the kunena.com forums rss address but when i add my rss address, nothing shows up. I know it's my fault and not the system - does anyone know where I going wrong?
Any help would be gratefully received. Cheers, Bruce.
Any help would be gratefully received. Cheers, Bruce.
Last edit: 17 years 2 months ago by forumspod.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 2 months ago #24003
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:my RSS feed isn't hungry
That's a good question, Bruce. I don't know what's happening here.
sheffieldlions.co.uk/livelions/index.php...unc=fb_rss&no_html=1
Very strange. Still using the original Kunena settings?
sheffieldlions.co.uk/livelions/index.php...unc=fb_rss&no_html=1
Very strange. Still using the original Kunena settings?
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 2 months ago #24008
by forumspod
Replied by forumspod on topic Re:my RSS feed isn't hungry
yup. i haven't changed a sausage. when i look at the link url - it comes up blank but there are some threads posted. The url looks incomplete tho. I tried two different modules so i has to be the thread. there's little in the way of rss parameters in the admin section so it can't be that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 2 months ago #24021
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:my RSS feed is on hunger strike
Hey, Bruce, just a thought: is your Joomla SQL database set for UTF-8 Unicode character set encoding?
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 2 months ago #24043
by forumspod
Replied by forumspod on topic Re:my RSS feed is on hunger strike
yeah checked that ok. is the rss element a separate module or plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #24123
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:my RSS feed is on hunger strike
The Kunena RSS feed is generated by ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.rss.php
It's possible that you have a flaky version of that file. I don't have any problems with it. It also works well here at www.kunena.com so I don't think it's a bug or a defect per se. Did you perform your installation using the ZIP version of the kit, or some other version? I used the ZIP version.
Here are two suggestions you might try:
It's possible that you have a flaky version of that file. I don't have any problems with it. It also works well here at www.kunena.com so I don't think it's a bug or a defect per se. Did you perform your installation using the ZIP version of the kit, or some other version? I used the ZIP version.
Here are two suggestions you might try:
- Extract the file kunena.rss.php from the installation kit and replace it on your website
- If this extraction/replacement doesn't fix the problem there may be another Joomla component that is conflicting with Kunena and its ability to generate an RSS feed. The usual "disable everything else until we isolate the cause" approach is (unfortunately) the way to tackle that.

Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Last edit: 17 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds