Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for sh404SEF or its related products. For sh404SEF support you should visit sh404SEF .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use sh404SEF with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of sh404SEF.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena sef_ext

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Gee
Kunena sef_ext was created by Gee
Hello kunena team,

sh404sef developers write in their forum that the kunena developers have to write the sef_ext file for sh404sef to work. I would like to use Kunena 3 but can't. Many links get broken, if I use the joomla router.php that some are telling in this forum.

When will the file be published? Will kunena even write that file? I don't know who did it before but sh404sef is not going to obviously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena sef_ext
The Kunena team has never written anything for sh404SEF and it's an unusual request coming from the sh404SEF developers that the Kunena project has any responsibilities in this area.

The simple fact is that, as far as we know, sh404SEF is incompatible with K 3.0 (see Interoperability with other Joomla extensions ) and it has been like this since K 2.0. I am just giving you the facts.

If people want to use sh404SEF that's OK but, for those who use this extension, you should enable Joomla SEO and disable sh404SEF as far as Kunena is concerned. Perhaps (and this is just my personal view) the sh404SEF developers will look in their own backyard one day and provide support for their customers who use Kunena. :dry:

Kunena team members do not have any direct involvement with the sh404SEF project - the team members do not use this extension - and we do not know much about it. Maybe other members of the community who are customers of sh404SEF will have more information about these issues and can advise you better than me.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Gee
Replied by Gee on topic Kunena sef_ext
Thank you very much for your honest answer. Kunena 2 has been compatible with the attached file that came with sh404sef. Its just a pity that their developers leave their customers "alone" without getting their component compatible with the most popular forum.

I will then switch back to joomla router.php but won't spend any more money on their component. Many won't because there is nothing new to pay for.

Would you prefer any other seo component that does a good job on Joomla and with Kunena 3?

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena sef_ext
Some people feel that third-party SEO products offer "improvements" over Joomla SEO and there are as many views about the merits of using third-party SEO products as there are people who use them. We do not use any third-party SEO products here at this site.

For an interesting background to the question of using third-party SEO products, you might like to look at
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gee

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds