Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Author is not shown... (but recognised).

More
3 years 2 days ago #1 by Granpa
I just installed Kunena on an up-to-date Joomla website.
I entered my first Topic.
On my profile accompanying the topic, it says that I am the topic author (correctly).
BUT, in the topic itself it just says: "<Title> was created by                      "  ... and nothing more...
I have not made many alterations from the default configuration for Kunena/Crypsis.
But maybe I just inadvertantly set something wrong, but I fail to see what that could be...
Any suggestions as to what I should check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you put here please your Kunena report configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by gboy
I seem to be having the same problem.
Here is my Kunena report.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.5.8 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.4 | creationdate: 2021-04-04

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.4 | 2021-04-04 [ Koios ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.5.0+build.2021.03.11.22.09.58.2db0d260e

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Thanks I appreciate all the help you can give.

More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
You have chosen in Kunena "Display User Name = No". This option shows the real name instead of username.
If you want this, you must set in the Community Builder configuration (tab General) the name format to Name Only (or "Username ('Name)" if you want to see both).

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #5 by gboy
Thank you Rich.
That fixed my issue, although I see now that I can only use "name" to have it appear in the forum.
firstname + Last intial or vise versa don't seem to render.
In either case I guess I will have to do a workaround to get the results I will need.

Thanks again.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by gboy.

More
2 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
You don't need a workaround. Add a second field for the registration (see image). Now you have fields for:
First Name
Last Name
Username
Now you see with the option "Name Format = Name Only" the first and last name.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7 by gboy
FIrst and lastname work perfectly fine.
My issue is if I choose "First name" and "lastname intial" or vice versa they don't render.
what I am trying to accomplish is to use the "First name" and "Initial" of the "lastname" plus add another custom field that I have made to attach at the end with the Custom setting.
I can get the firstname lastname and custom field to work but not the firstname Intial from lastname plus custom field.
In either case I think I should be able to come up with something else that would be suitable.

Thanks again for your time.

More
2 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
In principle, I don't know the Community Builder, because I've installed this extension only for tests.
Maybe you get more suggestions in the Joomlapolis forum .

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds