Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Banning users (kunena + CB)

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by kierans
Hey guys,

I'm currently running:
- Community Builder 2.0
- Kunena Forums 3.0.6
- Joomla 3.3.6

I'm setting up a website for a group I'm with and I had a question about banning users.

So far, to ban a user, I have to go to the community builder user page, ban them there, then go to the kunena user page and ban them there.
I am running Kunena's CB intergration plugin, and CBs forum plugin set to kunena 3.x.

Is there some way (or some plugin for kunena/cb) which will enable bans set on the CB user page to reflect on the kunena user page?

If more information is needed, I will see what I can do to provide it :)

Cheers in advance for any assistance :)
~ Kieran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Banning users (kunena + CB)
You do not need anything special (as far as I know) to ban users. I have not used CB for a long time but, as I remember it, I thought there was a user ban feature in CB.

Kunena has a user ban feature built in. See How to ban users in Kunena .

You can also disable a user's account in the backend.

If you have any other questions about using CB to ban users, it may be a good idea to ask the friendly team at Joomlapolis .

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by kierans
Replied by kierans on topic Banning users (kunena + CB)
I know how to ban people in CB, its just, when I ban them in CB, they can still make posts on the kunena forums.

So, not sure if its something to do with CB or something to do with kunena... but a ban issued on one component is not reflecting on the other component.

Thanks for the quick reply too :)

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by kierans
Replied by kierans on topic Banning users (kunena + CB)
So, I've been in touch with the CB team, and apparently (from the CB end anyway) there is no way to ban on both CB and Kunena without individually going to both CPs and banning the user there.
Although they have added it to their bug/feature tracker for consideration for a future release.

(For reference, www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-...ing-users-kunena--cb )

So will probably end up writing a custom admin page to list all users and manually update the database tables for CB and Kunena with the ban data...

Unless the Kunena's CB Integration plugin enables this???
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by kierans.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds