Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged JomSocial 3.0 Activity Stream problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #11 by DeeEmm

sozzled wrote: This is our response: Support for JomSocial with Kunena add-ons .

Actually Sozzled, this is your response...

www.kunena.org/forum/11-JomSocial/128513...-0-support-jomsocial

I too have this issue, and I have been searching and trying to determine what the issue is and how to fix it. All I have found are pages of contradictory diatribe on who is responsible or not responsible for maintaining which plugins.

In Kunena 3.0 the Kunena to JomSocial activity stream data is handled by the pre-packaged Kunena - JomSocial integration plugin which is shipped with and installed with K 3.0 (by default, in a disabled state).

This interoperability is outlined and clarified by you in the above post...

It says there that 'the Kunena team is responsible for maintaining this plugin'

The Jomsocial activity stream data is actually handled by this plugin. (Both implied by the settings as shown in the screen grab in above post and by the inclusion of the code to record the activity in /plugins/kunena/community/activity.php).

It would appear that this issue is therefore Kunenas responsibility and not Jomsocials.

DM/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12 by xillibit
Hello,

So, can-you describe how to reproduce exactly the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by cambler
plugins/kunena/community/activity.php is the plugin responsible here. I have found that it works, with one exception - there is code in there that does not parse inline images that are in a forum post as "File Attachment" BBCode.

To resolve this, simply comment out the setting on line 67 that states $parent->forceMinimal - true. This will cause the BBCode to be parsed for inline images.

I'm unsure what other problems people are having - as I said, I have the latest versions of everything and it's working fine for me. I use the JomSocial groups access, avatar, profile and private message plugins as well, with no issues.

For the images issue, my suggestion would be to make forceMinimal an option for the plugin.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #14 by Jiminimonka
I would recommend updating to the latest version of JomSocial, as Kunena 3.0.2 is working fine with JomSocial 3.0.4 as user cambler has pointed out.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds