Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question K 1.7.1 Polish language frontend: pl-pL should be pl-PL

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by djeeke
Hi,

I'm brand new to this, just installed a Joomla, just installed kunena as it seems a great tool...

I would need the frontend to be in Polish, there seems to be a Polish translation but only for the frontend...

When I try to install the frontend language I get the error "install_4f1068b458723/pl-pL.com_kunena.tpl_default.ini" does not exist...

Am I right in thinking this will only work once the backend is translated ?

If I read correctly installing a previous version of Kunena (1.71 now) is a security risk so this is not an option either...
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by djeeke. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: djeeke

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by djeeke

sozzled wrote: See K 1.7 Language Support

That page states :

If there is only the "admin" or "site" language available
Can you install only the "admin" kit without the "site" kit or vice versa? Yes you can but you should know that the administrator (backend) or frontend site - whichever one is missing - will not be "user-friendly". The language will be in English.

Thanks sozzled...
So it should be possible, only I am getting the above error message...
any hints anyone ?

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Check if the file pl-pL.com_kunena.tpl_default.ini exist in your language package

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djeeke

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
There was a problem (when we were putting together the K 1.7.1 installation package) that the Polish translation was incomplete at the time and, for that reason, the Polish translation was removed from the installation kit. See Kunena 1.7.1 Read Me .

After the K 1.7.1 kit was released, the Polish translation was updated: see Language pack collection for K 1.7.1 . I hope this helps. :)

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #6 by djeeke
Sozzled, thanks but I was using the zip from that link already ...

xillibit, thanks for reminding me to re-read the XML file and compare the filenames in the zip ...

Two of the files are listed as pl-pL instead of pl-PL and as we know these systems are cery case sensitive... Corrected in the XML file and installed like a charm...

Do I report these typo's to someone (and if yes, how ?)

Thanks for the support guys B)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by djeeke. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, Pedrinho

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by Pedrinho
Hey, I will join this topic to avoid creating new one.

I had the same problem as here and solved it thanks to djeeke advice.

Now I have both back and front end translated except Kunena front tabs (Index,Recent Topics,No Replies...). My Joomla is set to Polish both back and front and can't find where is the catch with these tabs.

Any advices?
Many Thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by Pedrinho
ok, I have discovered the obvious now :). The trick is to change manually names in Joomla Menu's section :P

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds