Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question avatar upload problem

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by fedbear
Hello. I am still using Fireboard but the problem that I have is a general one. So I hope I can still get your help from here.

The problem is related to permissions set by my server host. I don't know what they did but now my users couldn't upload avatars. When they tried to upload their own image file, it did not resize, and there was the following error message:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/eeeiceu/tmp/phpq2OuMh) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bearplac/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/bearplac/public_html/mycommunity/components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php on line 375

Warning: getimagesize(/home/eeeiceu/tmp/phpq2OuMh) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/bearplac/public_html/mycommunity/components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php on line 375

Warning: imagecreatefromgif() [function.imagecreatefromgif]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/eeeiceu/tmp/phpq2OuMh) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bearplac/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/bearplac/public_html/mycommunity/components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php on line 458

Warning: imagecreatefromgif(/home/eeeiceu/tmp/phpq2OuMh) [function.imagecreatefromgif]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/bearplac/public_html/mycommunity/components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php on line 458

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/bearplac/public_html/mycommunity/components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php on line 509
Your avatar has been uploaded....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:avatar upload problem
Hello,

check the permissions of your directories on your joomla! installation, check by doing this help -> system info -> Directory Permissions

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by fedbear
Replied by fedbear on topic Re:avatar upload problem
Hi. I checked. All folders are writable. What else should I do?

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

I advise to upgrade at least to Kunena 1.0.11, after some search this issues doesn't comes from to a permissions problem, but just a security protection with php functions. So, maybe this has been changed into Kunena 1.0.11.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by fedbear
Hi. Thank you for checking out for me! I'd like to migrate to Kunena. My current FB version is 1.05. Can I migrate to the latest version of Kunena? I have read your post to other member regarding migration. It seems hassel free. But I am still a bit concerned as my site recently has a lot of problems and the forum is the only place left unharmed (until the avatar problem). I will read the documents. Would you be able to help me if I have any problem during migration? Thanks!

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by fedbear
Hi. I also noticed that all emoticons disappear. All these problems occur after some permission problems caused by my server host (I also couldn't upload photos in Jomsocial). Do you know if the emoticons problem is due to permission? Many thanks!

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by xillibit
You can upgrade to Kunena 1.5.9, just install and the upgrade procedure will be done automaticaly.

If your smileys are presents in components\com_kunena\template\default\images\english\emoticons , check the permissions of this directory and of the images files.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds