Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Fireboard broken upon migration to Joomla 1.5

More
14 years 6 months ago #1 by vtportals
Well, I finally took the big leap and tried to migrate an existing Joomla 1.0 site to Joomla 1.5. For the most part it's coming along, but the Fireboard Forum - an integral part of the site - is not working. When I click the menu item for the forum, I get a page that reads at the bottom:
________

Fatal error: Unable to load category list.\nDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'bergen_joomla15.jos_fb_moderation' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT c.id,c.pub_access,c.pub_recurse,c.admin_access,c.admin_recurse,c.moderated,(m.userid IS NOT NULL) AS ismod FROM jos_fb_categories c LEFT JOIN jos_fb_moderation m ON c.id=m.catid AND m.userid=62 WHERE published=1
SQL =

SELECT c.id,c.pub_access,c.pub_recurse,c.admin_access,c.admin_recurse,c.moderated,(m.userid IS NOT NULL) AS ismod FROM jos_fb_categories c LEFT JOIN jos_fb_moderation m ON c.id=m.catid AND m.userid=62 WHERE published=1

in /home/bergen/public_html/newversion/components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_debug.php on line 37
________

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem before, and have a solution? It would be so greatly appreciated if anyone can shed any light on how to solve this problem. Thank you SO much for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Like the error message said, you have the table jos_fb_moderation which is missing.

What fireboard version do you use ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3 by vtportals
Thank you for your prompt response!! The version is v1.0.5RC2_b817. I don't know about tables, etc. - my skill level with mysql is installing a database through cPanel! I would appreciate it so much if you could explain to me what I need to do in order to be able to fix this and get the forum working again. Thanks!!!!

More
14 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
Migration scripts are old and do not work anymore -- just copy old jos_fb_ tables to Joomla 1.5 installation and install Kunena.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by vtportals
Thank you very much, Matias, for your suggestion. We are in the midst of trying to get everything from Fireboard now working in Kunena. Our current problem is moving from the ObjectClarity discuss bot to the one for Kunena!

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #6 by vtportals
Can anyone help with a solution to our problem? We upgraded our forum from Fireboard to Kunena, and the message postings are happily all there! However, in looking at the comments after the Joomla articles (content items) that were created by the ObjectClarity discuss bot for Fireboard, there is no longer a correct link from the comments to the user profiles (404 error) [we are now using JomSocial for users, having upgraded from Community Builder] and no link from those comments to the respect entries in the Kunena Forum. The link for "Discuss this item on the forums" also results in a 404 error; that could be due to the Kunena forum not being the same SEF URLs as our prior Fireboard forum was (using sh404sef).

If instead of using the ObjectClarity discuss bot I install and activate the Kunena Discuss plugin, then all of our comments after the Joomla articles disappear! And we can't have that, those comments after the articles are very important.

A visitor can still use the Quick Post box after the articles, so the ObjectClarity discuss bot for Fireboard is still working somewhat with Kunena. Again, however, the user profiles are not correctly linked, and there are the other 2 problems above (no links to the Kunena entries and broken link for "Discuss this item....").

How can I install the new Kumena Discuss plugin while retaining all of the comments after the articles that were created by the ObjectClarity Fireboard plugin? And how can I SEO the Kunena forums the same as they were with sh404sef when it was Fireboard - do I have to purchase the commercial plugin from JoomAce at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...4sef-extensions/8268 ? (Or maybe sh404sef will update to have Kunena support as a part of its core the way it has Fireboard?)

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by vtportals.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7 by vtportals
OK, here's an update on the status of our issue:

We just installed the newest version of the KunenaDiscuss plugin, version 1.9 Beta. Now, SOME of the previously-posted comments after the Joomla articles are there, but not all. And now, the users DO correctly link through to their JomSocial profiles. And the "Discuss this item on the forums" link at the bottom after the Quick Post box is now correctly linking through to the appropriate Kunena forum. So we have SOME success with the new version of KunenaDiscuss, but we still don't have probably the most important thing: all previously-posted comments under ObjectClarity discuss bot are still not appearing after the Joomla content item articles.

The other side of the problem: when you are in the Kunena forum itself, in the given forum thread that was created by a ObjectClarity comment after an article, the links back to the content items are broken. If you click a link for "** This thread discusses the content article [LINKED ARTICLE]", you get sent to the home page with the URL bergennow.com/?task=view .

Is anyone else going through these problems after using Fireboard with ObjectClarity discuss bot, and then upgrading to Kunena? Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds