Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Stats - latest member it says is not correct

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Issue #1:
The latest member it says is not correct. I have 4894 members but for some reason it is stuck saying that MemberX (who is member 4385 is the latest member)

I have tried syncing the joomla users and kunena still doesnt fix this.

Issue #2:

Also my userlist in CB says i have 4530 Users, but as i said above my kunena says i have 4894 members. Is it possible to have these sync? the 4894 is im pretty sure the amount of members that are signed up but not confirmed/activated.

is there a way for kunena to show only those members activated? like CB does

This was reported in an old archived thread but they are still occurring can anyone help?
www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=4&id=4111

thanks

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think it's more a problem with CB, but do you have tried to "Recount Category Stats" in the Kunena Configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, peetree: As far as the first problem is concerned, I think that Kunena probably has it right. The latest member is the latest registered user who has activated their membership - not the latest user registration. But this doesn't explain why, in your case, your "latest user" is someone who who registered 500 registrations ago! :blink: Seems to me that there's something a bit odd with your SQL database.

With respect to the second matter - the inconsisent count - this problem has niggled me for a while, too. It's not just a discrepancy between how Kunena counts the number of users, (or how Community Builder counts the number of users) it's you define "the number of users".

I think you've correctly concluded that Kunena counts all user registrations, including inactive ones. The question for Kunena forum managers is "Is that the right approach?"

In the case of Community Builder, the count matches the number of actively registered users. In the case of Kunena, however, the count doesn't match and, I think, this is the point that peetree is trying to make. Although the Kunena userlist only displays records of actively registered users, there's a discrepancy in the total.

On a test site, I created a test user (but did not activate it): See the following image:

I think the "problem" can be fixed fairly easily. Matias hinted at it in the earlier discussion. I'll investigate further and report later.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
In my case, the solution is to make a change to ../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/stats/stats.class.php at about line 30 which reads:
Code:
$database->setQuery("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users");
Change this to
Code:
$database->setQuery("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users WHERE block=0 AND activation=''");
You should also change the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.stats.class.php at about line 133 which reads
Code:
$database->setQuery('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users');
Change this to
Code:
$database->setQuery('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users WHERE block=0 AND activation=\'\'');
These changes make the SQL queries consistent with other calls that Kunena does. The changes will probably bring the totals into line with what Community Builder reports ... probably! ;)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by Matias
Actually it's still different to CB. In the future, Kunena needs to use CB integration on fetching user count from CB.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds