Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question IE Error

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by Ganzuelo
IE Error was created by Ganzuelo
My users are complaining about getting a error while using internet explorer while trying to get to the forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:IE Error
... and the error is the little "exclamation point" icon on the status bar at the bottom of the IE window ... right?

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Re:IE Error
I am on my new mac so I cannot pull up IE to inspect. I changed the theme from the default_EX to an older one to see if it was the theme. if anyone is using any version of ie please goto willclan4food.net to check it out..

this is the message i got from one of my members

edge : Anyone else getting IE error Operation Aborted message when trying to get to forums? x

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, IE7 gives "Operation Aborted" message. Serious stuff! :ohmy: You need to fix your website: Javascript is often behind this problem (why does Microsoft have to do everything differently?) The following URLs may offer some help: Occasionally I get "operation aborted" here, at www.kunena.com . Usually a page refresh clears the problem. In your case, however, page refreshing does not clear the problem. Your users wouldn't be "complaining" - they'd be frustrated beyond belief. What have you recently done?

What other Joomla and/or website components are you using. It would seem that Kunena's Javascript is conflicting with something else that you have.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5 by Freestyl24
Replied by Freestyl24 on topic Re:IE Error
I only get errors on your site when that bar on the bottom is displayed...I would start by disabling that...

Here's info from the Microsoft site on the error I receive on your site:
HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

This problem occurs because a child container HTML element contains script that tries to modify the parent container element of the child container. The script tries to modify the parent container element by using either the innerHTML method or the appendChild method.

For example, this problem may occur if a DIV element is a child container in a BODY element, and a SCRIPT block in the DIV element tries to modify the BODY element that is a parent container for the DIV element.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Freestyl24.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by Ganzuelo
the 2 major components I have are kunena and Jomsocial. I disabled the social bar. maybe that was it.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
@Ganzuelo: so that I can be sure that I understand, I see that you've solved your problem. I didn't get an "operation aborted" error in IE7 when I visited your forum.

The solution was to disable the "social bar" (whatever that is). Is that correct? :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by Ganzuelo
yah there is a beta jomsocial mod to show a toolbar like they have on facebook

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds