Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question user registration problem

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by simo
hey!
i have a problem with my kunena installation...
today, user came to my forum, he clicked on link register, and after that he wasnt able to login...
on my userlist in joomla, i cant see that user, but when i try to make user account with that name there is a error : there is already user with that name...but i cant see him...

p.s i can see him in kunena administration...syncronizing dont help...
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by simo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, simo

It does sound like you've got a problem or two. First of all, user registration is not handled by Kunena. User registration is handled by Joomla. The registration process can be assisted by another third-party extension, like Community Builder or Jomsocial, if you have either of these installed. Can we eliminate any third-party extension?

I vaguely recall a discussion we've had in the past about a report that a user record didn't appear on the "Kunena user list". I'm not sure if we ever got to the cause (or cure) for that problem, and I have a feeling that the final conclusion was far from satisfactory, but you may find Cannot remove users in Kunena helfpul. There are, however, sure-fire ways to help you determine if you really do have a phantom user lurking in the shadows. ;)

You may have a problem with the integrity of the Joomla user table and, using a tool like phpmyadmin, you could attempt to REPAIR the table. After REPAIRing the table, you could then check to see if the phantom is now visible on the Joomla user list. Alternatively, if you examine your Joomla user table (again using phpmyadmin) you can see if the "phantom" record really exists and, if you wanted, you could manually delete the record.

Cheers :)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by simo
Replied by simo on topic Re:user registration problem
thanks a lot sozzled...
i dont have any of the 3rd party extensions installed...
my problem is that users appear in kunena list (11 users) but in joomla user list i can see only 9...

problem is that i dont have access to the server (i use subdomain) on friend's host, so i dont have access to phpmyadmin...but ill try to get it...

any other suggestion...
and again, thanks a lot on your answer

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for your reply, simo. I mistook your earlier message

i can see him in kunena administration

to mean that you could see the records in the Joomla user list. I now understand, from your response, the "administration" function you referred to does mean User Administration in Kunena, not the one in Joomla, at the backend?

my problem is that users appear in kunena list (11 users) but in joomla user list i can see only 9

The plot thickens! :ohmy:

This is very similar to Cannot remove users in Kunena .

The fact that you cannot register a user with certain credentials indicates that there's a record in the Joomla user table somewhere that's preventing this from happening. The fact that you cannot view this record using standard Joomla tools only makes this more difficult to diagnose and treat. That is why you need a tool for digging into the MySQL data structures themselves and rooting out the cause.

It's possible that there's a data integrity problem with your Kunena user table, too, but (as I mentioned earlier) this should have no impact on user registration because user registration isn't handled by Kunena. I still go with my first gut feeling: there's a data/index corruption within the Joomla user table that's propagated its way into the Kunena user table.

You don't actually require phpmyadmin to do what's needed; the software just makes it easier to construct the SQL queries, that's all. If you know SQL really well you can write the REPAIR TABLE query yourself.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds