Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Pagination Error

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by stickman1984
Hi All

Firstly, thank you for this great software, it's a lot of fun to use.

I am however, having a problem with pagination. Pagination in Thread view is OK, so within the Recent Discussions pages and Categories pages I can go to pages 2, 3, etc.

However, when I open a thread and click on page 2 of posts, it just takes me back to page 1. Similarly, when in Recent Discussions it has a list of pages that you can go to, clicking any of them sends me to page 1.

I am using the latest Kunena 1.0.9 and Default_ex template. I have tried with the other templates and they produce even more problems, which I'll leave for another day!

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

Also, please note I am not using sh404sef. I have searched this forum and found that that can sometimes be the cause.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by stickman1984.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re: Pagination Error
I thought threaded view was disabled. It has many many errors and flaws and did not ever quite work right.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by stickman1984
Replied by stickman1984 on topic Re: Pagination Error
I'm not sure what you mean by threaded view. I just meant when you see all the thread titles in Recent Discussions.

Anyways, I have solved the problem for the meantime. I just set 'Search Friendly URLs' to No within Global Configuration.

Hope it helps someone out there.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re: Pagination Error
Don't know where I got that from either. I still think this was also a reported bug.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Pagination Error
@stickman1984: That's very interesting that you've found a conflict between Joomla's SEO settings and Kunena pagination. I've read, in these forums, many odd - even bizarre - behaviours resulting from "search engine friendly" settings ... so nothing surprises me any more.

You may find the article Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helpful to you. I use those settings and I haven't experienced the problem. Of course, these recommendations have two caveats:
  1. Your website/hosting service must support the use of SEO.
  2. You may need to customise your .htaccess file. If you don't have a .htaccess file in your root directory, then you've already got a problem: use the file htaccess.txt that came with your Joomla installation kit and rename it as .htaccess. This simple step is quite easily (and often) overlooked.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by stickman1984
Replied by stickman1984 on topic Re: Pagination Error
Thanks for the tip sozzled. I'm on a windows hosting plan with godaddy at the moment and I have read somewhere that the htaccess file only needs to be customised if using Linux. I'll research futher though.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by thelake
Replied by thelake on topic Re: Pagination Error
I don't know. this "pagination" kills me:

Joomla 1.5.10
Kunena 1.0.9 (new update)
Sh404 for Kunenea disabled
SEO configured like told in the docs
SEO disabled for the whole side
template changed ( I checked all of them)

and I still have this pagination error default; default_ex
or I loose my whole template for "recent discussions"

this is bullshit........sorry, but I#m tryiing to solve this hours for hours.

Don't use Kunena on a live-site!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds