Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question "Guest" viewing the board

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1 by hkwebmaster
I have set up my forum to be for Registered User only, but sometimes I saw a Guest is viewing our forum based on the information provided in the message board regarding who are viewing the forum.

Is there anyway to 100% avoid an unknown Guest viewing our messages?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #2 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:
done with this?

>> Kunena Configuration >> Security >> Security Settings >> Registered Users Only >> YES

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3 by hkwebmaster
I have set it to "YES" since the beginning.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #4 by bytebandit01
if your intention is really to restrict guest access to your forum, you may set the forum menu item to registered only, not to public.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:
bytebandit01 wrote:

if your intention is really to restrict guest access to your forum, you may set the forum menu item to registered only, not to public.

That does not solve this problem. I have a Kunen Forum restricted to registerd Users, and an Joomla Installation, restricted to registered users. And I see a guest sometimes too. Only the Homepage with login is visible to every Internet- User.

I guess, but I don't know really, (it is an interest question), if the joomla-visitors are counted in Kunena Forum Online Stats , too. Or, if the timeout of session in Kunena makes me or another logged in user to a guest, because he has still the browser-window of the forum opened.
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #6 by hkwebmaster
Replied by hkwebmaster on topic Re:
My situation is same as you. The menu item for Kunena Forum is for registered user only.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #7 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:
Spiders? Bots?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:"Guest" viewing the board
hm good idea. I don't know, the validate processor of W3C get no access on protected sites. If a spider could get it?

Edit: If we trust google, we can listen to these words -.- :

If you need to keep confidential content on your server, save it in a password-protected directory. Googlebot and other spiders won't be able to access the content. This is the simplest and most effective way to prevent Googlebot and other spiders from crawling and indexing content on your site. If you're using Apache Web Server, you can edit your .htaccess file to password-protect the directory on your server. There are a lot of tools on the web that will let you do this easily.

Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #9 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:
Yes i have this problem as well. Noted in this post

www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&id=1007&catid=4#1007

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #10 by bytebandit01
Lintzy wrote:

bytebandit01 wrote:

That does not solve this problem. I have a Kunen Forum restricted to registerd Users, and an Joomla Installation, restricted to registered users. And I see a guest sometimes too. Only the Homepage with login is visible to every Internet- User.

I guess, but I don't know really, (it is an interest question), if the joomla-visitors are counted in Kunena Forum Online Stats , too. Or, if the timeout of session in Kunena makes me or another logged in user to a guest, because he has still the browser-window of the forum opened.

a follow-up question would be.. what if you would be a guest user, can you really access your forums which is set to registered users only? if not then you need not to worry about non members accessing forum contents as they can't really access it.

i believe the guests shown in kunena forums are based on your sites guests count.. like your home page.. not really on your forums page..

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds