Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Default-ex thread side border invisible

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #1 by stickman1984
Hi Guys

I am using the default ex template and the left and right end borders do not show on the threads. I have noticed that the other templates do show a border, but I prefer the default ex colour scheme. I have used firebug but could not spot the location of the code. Can this be fixed? Please see picture for illustration. Problem is shown in red box. I would like a line running up the sides/border, if that makes sense.

Thanks! Please note this happens in the left border too, but I could not upload 2 different pictures, for some reason. The latter was uploaded twice!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 4 weeks ago by stickman1984.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #2 by grumblemarc
There's a border on this forum. Are you sure your Joomla template isn't causing the issue?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #3 by stickman1984
Thanks for the superquick response!

I don't think it's the joomla template, as the border shows on the Recent Discussions and Categories pages. It's only when I open a thread that the border disappears.

To be clear though, I am using the JA Purity template and have disabled all modules on the forum page, to create a single column.

Any ideas, or will I have to reinstall?!

Also, have a look at that break of the line next to "quote" in the attached picture where the line shifts to the left. That seems to be where the border stops in each post
Last edit: 15 years 4 weeks ago by stickman1984.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #4 by grumblemarc
Reinstall? No. This is a super minor issue. But here in this thread that isn't an issue. Can you try another Joomla template? Also what browser are you using? Does it happen in FF and IE?

As you can see there is a border defined in the CSS so something else, even a module, could be interferring.

{kunena.forum.css (line 646)
td.fb-msgview-left
background:#EFF0F4 none repeat scroll 0 0;
border-bottom:0 solid #BFC3C6;
border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6;
min-width:170px;
vertical-align:top;
width:170px;

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 1 week ago #5 by stickman1984
Hey

I have now tried with all 3 standard templates plus 2 more that I had previously downloaded in both FF and IE.. no luck

This is the code from View Page from the Kunena CSS file. It does not seem consistent to me, but there are so many parameters that trial and error will take ages. Does this look right to you? First of all, 'none repeat scroll 0 0' is missing and so is the t from 'td' in the second paragraph...

td.fb-msgview-left {
background:#EFF0F4;
vertical-align: top;
min-width:170px;
border-bottom: 0px solid #BFC3C6;
border-left:1px solid #BFC3C6;
}
d.fb-msgview-left-b {
border-bottom:1px solid #BFC3C6;
border-left: 1px solid #BFC3C6;
}

}

td.fb-msgview-left-b {
border-bottom:1px solid #BFC3C6;
border-right: 1px solid #BFC3C6;
}
td.fb-msgview-right-b {
border-bottom: 1px solid #BFC3C6;
padding:1px 5px 1px 5px;
border-left:1px solid #D4C9AD;
border-right: 1px solid #BFC3C6;

If you have some time to further investigate this, I would be very grateful. Here is my site, maybe you can check with firebug or something? Let me know if you can and if you need my admin details to log on.

Again, thank you
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by stickman1984. Reason: Removed website URL

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #6 by Lintzy
Hi, who did changes at your kunena.forum.css? LOL
Just put the original kunena.forum.css from default_ex into the folder default_ex and all be fine again :laugh:

I have attached the original css

File Attachment:

File Name: kunena-2f1...149d.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 4 weeks ago by Lintzy.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds