Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question default_ex colour scheme modification?

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by mijalis
I like a lot the default_ex template, but I find it hard to change its colour scheme.
Could anybody provide me/us a simple how to with the required steps in order to make default_ex better for somebody's site?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by xlgolffari
- Get and install colorpicker software, like ColorZilla ( www.colorzilla.com/ ) for Firefox.
- Write down your "hated colours"
- Open URL where colours are "lovely"
- Write down your "lovely colours" in right mode. Kunena uses style like "#33ff33"
- Find & Replace in right Kunena CSS-file.
- empty cache and reload !
done.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by mijalis
Thanks for the tips :-)
The problem is though that apart from the obvious colors, we have to create or modify some images, for example:
www.kunena.com/components/com_kunena/tem...ges/cat_title_bg.gif
www.kunena.com/components/com_kunena/tem...at_title_head_bg.gif

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by grumblemarc
So do it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by mijalis
grumblemarc wrote:

So do it.

That's what i was looking for, because i didn't want to reverse engineer the whole thing!
A guide, that says
1. create image xxx.gif
2. create image yyy.gif
etc...
apparently there isn't, so I have to make it :(

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by Mr Livered
It sounds like you're overcomplicating things a bit though. Look at it this way:

There are two steps to changing the colour scheme: alter colours in the css, and replace any images that don't fit with your colour scheme, with some that do.

There are no css values or images that you have to replace; why not just tinker with it until you are happy?

Obviously changes to layout are a different matter.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by moof
Ive changed mine abit have a look here oikhmer.com/forum.html?func=showcat&catid=9 if thats what you mean ill explain how I did it.

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by mijalis
moof wrote:

Ive changed mine abit have a look here oikhmer.com/forum.html?func=showcat&catid=9 if thats what you mean ill explain how I did it.

Yes, please!

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #9 by moof
1 Get a copy of the defaut_ex folder either from your server or from a downloaded kenuna.zip. The file for changing the text colours and sizes is 'kunena.forum.css'. You may want to look through the folder for icons that you'd like to change. To replace an icon simply name your new image the same as the one you want to replace. Then load the new folder to your server, and chose the theme in the kunena control panel. Firefox with the webdeveloper plugin is great for identifying which line of code need changing in your css file, I personally use GIMP for any graphics alterations although there is this program called photostore or imageshop or something similar that a few people use :P
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by moof.

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by mijalis
photostore or imageshop??? :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds