Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Different a:link color for 'Active Topics' section?

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by Andrew
I will begin by saying I know nothing about writing CSS code, and just a little about modifying it. So I was very pleased by how easy it was to modify Kunena's CSS template to match the color scheme for my Joomla site.

That said, I do have one problem remaining: Although the blue (#006699) a:link color works fine elsewhere thoughout the forums, this color is barely viewable against my forum's dark green background when viewing the "Active topics in last 720 hours" section (the '4 hours', '8 hours', '12 hours, etc. links).

If I modify the a:link color to be lighter color, it affects all the forum's other links, making them barely viewable. So what I need is a way to change the a:link color for *only* that section (if that is even possible).

Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by grumblemarc
You'll have to add a selector just for that one element.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Andrew
grumblemarc wrote:

You'll have to add a selector just for that one element.

Based on your reply, I will assume that what I asked can be done. But as mentioned, I know nothing about writing CSS code so it is beyond my expertise how to "add a selector just for that one element".

Perhaps you could post some example code to do this that I could work from?

Thanks!

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by woonydanny

In CSS, selectors are used to declare which elements a style applies to, a kind of match expression. Selectors may apply to all elements of a specific type, or only those elements which match a certain attribute; elements may be matched depending on how they are placed relative to each other in the markup code, or on how they are nested within the document object model. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets

so my understanding is what you need to do is to make a new style in your css and then apply that style to the Active Topics text

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by grumblemarc
Sorry. I'm not here to teach CSS. That's beyond the scope of this forum. And rather than doing it for you and handing over the code I'll suggest this. These browser based tools, that if you plan on modifying this or any other template, are going to be absolutely necessary to help you learn CSS and not depend on someone doing it for you-you learn much too slowly this way. The top 2 being FireFox add-ons, Web Developer Tools and FireBug.
Here is a link to an excellent video tutorial on FireBugs usage.
www.litfuel.net/plush/?postid=161

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by Andrew
Thanks for the feedback. For what little I've had to do with CSS in the past, I have been able to modify existing code and not actually create new code. I'd hoped that would be the case here as well.

Somehow I guess I thought it would be a matter of adding a couple of simple lines of code (simple for those who know CSS) but evidently I was wrong. I realize you're not here to teach CSS, so my apologies if I was out of line for asking.

I guess I will make due with what I have now. It, frankly, wouldn't make sense for me to sit down and learn to code CSS in order to change this one thing.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds