Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Solved] themza Joomla templates and Kunena

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1 by ironman13
I have disabled my joomla modules on both the left and the right.
I looked at the css sheet and I can seem to figure out why the width
is changing when you go to a new area on the forum. The main page is fine but as soon as you go to the welcome mat or any other page it become smaller.

Thanks
Stephanie

3dhobbymag.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=60
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Perhaps a simple fix?
I assume that your template is broken -- it does not detect if there are modules and shows right all the time.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Hurr1c4n3
Replied by Hurr1c4n3 on topic Re: Perhaps a simple fix?
Maybe a cache problem? Try deleting the cache from your backend.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by ironman13
Replied by ironman13 on topic Re:Perhaps a simple fix?
The cache is not enabled in the global settings tab. Also I was able to install a shout box on the right so it appears to be detecting the modules in template.

I'm stumped here. I am new at this, learning as fast as I can, any more suggestions would be appreciated. Btw did i look at the right cache? The one in global?

Thanks so much for helping me.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by ironman13
Replied by ironman13 on topic Re: Perhaps a simple fix?
Would that be the cache from the global configuration settings?
Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Perhaps a simple fix?
Caching usually enters play when you're fiddling with CSS stylesheets and only for a short period of time. You should be well clear of caching implications after a few days. I would discount the cache issues for the time being.

As Matias says (or implies) it looks like you have a conflict with another Joomla extension (remember, Joomla templates are extensions, too). To diagnose problems these kinds of conflicts, isolate as much of what's unnecessary as you possibly can. This is our standard approach. Whatever you have left is where you need to focus your efforts.

Do you have these problems with the default Joomla rhuk_milkyway template? Probably not. Therefore, you have to figure out what it is with your current Joomla template and see what you can do to overcome the problems it's causing with other extensions you've chosen.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
I think I may have found your answer (I had nothing better to do for a couple of hours).

Your problem originates from the adoption of themza Joomla tempates ( www.themza.com/joomla1.5/ ). I helped with a similar problem a while ago (see [Solved] Recent Discussion - page displayed as wrong size).

This is not a universal fix, but it probably needs to be applied in this case. Edit the themza Joomla template.css file. Locate the rule
Code:
div.nopad { float:left; padding:0 0 15px; }
Change it to:
Code:
div.nopad { float:left; padding:0 0 15px; width:100%; }

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by ironman13
Replied by ironman13 on topic Re:Perhaps a simple fix?
Thanks very much for spending all that time figuring it out.
I had to also adjust the main column width. I am so glad its fixed!

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds