Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question iPhone Template

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by Garibaldi
iPhone Template was created by Garibaldi
With the debut and large success of mobile phones like the iPhone, Blackberry Storm, and also the iPod Touch - its becoming more and more important to have a mobile-friendly version of your site available for these users. With the latest version of my site, I've used RSS feeds and other methods to create such a mobile site, but the one big feature it still lacks is the ability to easily reply to posts on Kunena. Would it be possible to create an iPhone-friendly template for Kunena so that when someone on one of these devices visits the site, it redirects them to this template instead of the normal one (using browser/platform detection)? I'd be willing to work on this project to develop such a template. Is anyone else interested or have any ideas/suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:iPhone Template
Just to let you know...I think this is a great idea! I have a Palm Treo which is a Windows Mobile SmartPhone, but I could really use this feature as well! I don't code that much but if there is anything I can do to help, I would be happy to try.

Thanks,
Marie Alline

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by johnnydement
Replied by johnnydement on topic Re:iPhone Template
Garibaldi, would be great if you could work on that, we we're already thinking on having a "lite" template, mobile friendly, but we've our hands full right now...
Many thanks!

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by JoomlaHatesMe
Replied by JoomlaHatesMe on topic Re:iPhone Template
great idea, but... ;)

i use an iphone since one and a half year.
every time i visit a website with a "mobile friendly template" the first button i´m looking for is the
"show the website normaly" button.

i think that all mobile devices like the iphones/ipods, Blackberrys and androids provided an excelent browser in it.
okay, iphones/ipods do not supporting flash but all websites without the flash technology looking really great and loading fast.

don´t missunderstand me, it is great if you want to create a template, but i think that a speacial template for mobilephones are unnecessary :)

if you want to create a good looking template it is great but...! ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #5 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:iPhone Template
yes a "lite" template would be a good idea.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by Garibaldi
Replied by Garibaldi on topic Re:iPhone Template
JoomlaHatesMe wrote:

great idea, but... ;)

i use an iphone since one and a half year.
every time i visit a website with a "mobile friendly template" the first button i´m looking for is the
"show the website normaly" button.

i think that all mobile devices like the iphones/ipods, Blackberrys and androids provided an excelent browser in it.
okay, iphones/ipods do not supporting flash but all websites without the flash technology looking really great and loading fast.

don´t missunderstand me, it is great if you want to create a template, but i think that a speacial template for mobilephones are unnecessary :)

if you want to create a good looking template it is great but...! ;)

Oh absolutely, mobile browsers are fantastic. The reason, however, that I like the idea of a mobile template for Kunena is for example Im replying now from my iPod Touch. I can only see about 1/4 of what I writing because the input box is way too big for the screen. Same goes for the width of posts - resizing them would make it easier to read on the smaller screen.

I can do at least part of the html/css/php but I'm not all that familiar with Kunena's codebase. Is someone who is familiar with it interested in this and can help?

Thanks for the support everyone

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds