Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Some Template Problems

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #1 by djXpire
Hi, I'm having some template problem needed to be fixed.

Problem No.1 - The tabs of "Recent Discussions, My Discussions etc" are not showing up.
Problem No.2 - The "Forum Tools" is not showing up.

The above issues only happens on Internet Explorer & my current template.
When using default rhuk_milkyway & JA_Purity template, the above issues are not displaying at all, so I'm pretty sure that its my current template that's giving this problem on IE.

Screenshots:

Any kind soul can help me solve this?
My website's URL is www.airconservicing.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by djXpire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Some Template Problems
Hi,

Sorry about your template issues!

We are working hard to close out Kunena 1.0.8 that will come out beginning of the week. It has several jscript improvements built into it, that will reduce the amount of interference with other templates. While I don't have a definitive answer for your request, the new version should help in general. And since it is only a few days away, I recommend to upgrade to it as soon as it gets released.

Have a great day!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by djXpire
Replied by djXpire on topic Re:Some Template Problems
Wow... Thank you for the speedy reply!!!
Ok, that will be great! Looking forward to see the Kunena team ironing out the known issues & bugs...
Keep up the good work, & I think I'll be converting one of my sites from Wordpress to Joomla & start using Kunena on that site as well...

Is there any news about forum converters? As I have an Invision board, which I would like to convert to Kunena.

Thanks!!! :D

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
YOur template problem is most probably caused by your Joomla template. Just a quick quess mind you. If it doesn't occur on any of the default Joomla templates then that will be confirmed.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5 by djXpire
Yeah, I thought I made it clear it was the template & I was sure as the problems didnt show up on default templates?
Lol... nevermind, will be waiting for the next release & hopefully the new codes can fix all these errors... thanks!

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by grumblemarc
Sorry. It's early and I just skimmed over the postings. If the problem remains after the next upgrade, which I think it will, you'll need something like Firebug to diagnose the conflicting CSS elements between Kunena and your Joomlashack template. They even have Youtube videos on it's usage. But you don't have to wait to track that down.

On a cursory glance it looks like your trouble is in this area.
#Kunena #Kunena_top td

More
15 years 2 months ago #7 by djXpire
getfirebug.com/ is this what you talked about? Thanks... :D

More
15 years 2 months ago #8 by grumblemarc
Yes.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #9 by djXpire
Dear fxstein,

I've upgraded to 1.08 but the template problem still persist on IE.
the problems do not reflect on Firefox, Chrome & Opera only on IE.

Kindly advise what can I do to my template to resolve these issues, thank you.. :D
my site's url - www.airconservicing.com/discussions.html

I'm having more sites coming up will be using Kunena, just hope other templates will not cause this problem.. :(

PS: Great job for 1.08! Kunena team, Please keep it up!!! Kunena FTW! B)

fxstein wrote:

Hi,

Sorry about your template issues!

We are working hard to close out Kunena 1.0.8 that will come out beginning of the week. It has several jscript improvements built into it, that will reduce the amount of interference with other templates. While I don't have a definitive answer for your request, the new version should help in general. And since it is only a few days away, I recommend to upgrade to it as soon as it gets released.

Have a great day!

fxstein

Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by djXpire.

More
15 years 2 months ago #10 by whouse
Replied by whouse on topic Re:Some Template Problems
I also noticed that in your site using IE, I see a page peel and it's not there in FF. Wonder if this could be part of the problem. Just out of curiosity can you try disabling the module?

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds