Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Group by Date?

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by cass
Group by Date? was created by cass
Not sure where the right place to post this is.. I just switched from Fireboard, and am desperately needing Kunena to group the threads in a category by date they were posted (think craigslist).
If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. It should be easy, I think... something about adding in a GROUP by time, but I'm at a loss as to where etc.
Help!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Group by Date?
Could you mock up a picture and post it so I can get an idea what you are looking for?

Thx!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #3 by cass
Replied by cass on topic Re:Group by Date?
Thank you for the quick response ;)

Sure, I will attach an image I've drafted. I hope you can get the idea from it... I hope it's possible! LOL

Thanks for any and all help!

Cheers

PS - I'm also working in threaded if that helps...
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by cass.

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Group by Date?
There we have a problem.

The current threaded implementation is really broken and the main reason why larger installations suffer from performance. In the upcoming release the threaded views will be disabled. We need to rewrite the code all together. It never really worked except for very small threads. A single thread with hundreds of posts displayed in threaded mode can potentially bring down the forum.

The grouping is possible, although it will consume extra space unless we find a way to do this on the outside of the thread list - maybe to the left.

I would suggest you put this up on user voice so we can get an idea home many folks would want that.

Thx!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #5 by cass
well, the threaded (or not threaded) really isn't a problem either way for me. I can deal without it LOL
The important thing is having things listed by date.
I have searched high and low for anything that will do this, and would love to stick with Kunena (as other than the date issue it is exactly what I need)... but it doesn't seem that any forums/message boards/discussion boards etc do this.
I'll be sure to post this where you asked.. (by User voice do you mean User contributions?) but in the mean time can you at least point me in the right direction? haha I've been banging my head against the wall for four days now :(

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Group by Date?
If you are not in threaded view, your messages will be sorted by message id's. This effectively means that they are sorted descending/ascending by time.

to get flat view, just clink on flat found in the tab. If you want to use always flat view, go to my profile and change it from there. And you should not forget backend settings either.

Kunena 1.0.8 will automatically convert all users to use flat view.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7 by cass
Perhaps you misread my thread above when I said:

The important thing is having things listed by date.

It was late and I am extremely frustrated, so this should have read:

The important thing is having things GROUPED by date.

I know all about threaded/flat views - and I know it automatically sorts by date, but that wasn't my question as per the posts before... I was looking for it to group by date, not just list it chronologically.

fxstein said that grouping by date is possible, and I was hoping to be at least pointed in the right direction on how to do that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #8 by Matias
I was already tired, so maybe I just misread your message. :unsure:

After looking your image I got the idea what you're after. But I must say, that for now I don't want you to be using threaded view, because its totally broken and has had any fixes for over a year. AND it will be removed in the next release which comes out in a few days (I hope).

Could you give us some time to rewrite it from scratch? It's currently not in our short time priorities, but go to vote it -- maybe someone else is interested in it, too.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Matias.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #9 by cass
Sure, I can do that - but unfortunately I need a solution rather quickly as my client is waiting to get their site up and running ASAP.

Unfortunately if you guys can't point me in the right direction on what to look for in the coding to edit or what file, then I'll have to move on to another program (I've already tried 6 other utilities) immediately to get something together.

I appreciate your quick responses to this issue and will continue to check back. What category do you want me to post this request under?

More
15 years 2 months ago #10 by Matias
Is it enough to have the feature disabled? There are already a few threads to tell how to do that. I will copy one here:

Threaded view has been disabled in our latest builds, because it was broken and always has been.

If you want to disable it now, do this (default_ex):

components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_set.php:

Comment out line 38:
Code:
<!-- <strong><?php echo _USER_PREFERED; ?>*</strong>: -->

Comment out lines 41-48:
Code:
<!-- <?php ?> -->

components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/fb_layout.php:

Comment out lines 206-216:
Code:
/* if ($view == "flat") { .... } */

Comment out lines 221-232:
Code:
/* if ($view == "flat") { .... } */

and then run SQL query (replace jos_ if you have different prefix in Joomla):
Code:
UPDATE `jos_fb_users` SET `view` = 'flat';

Huh! That should do it.

Time to create page: 0.702 seconds