Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Template CSS background tweaks

More
15 years 1 week ago #1 by waitinginvain
Even though I know nothing about code, I'm trying to tweak the default_ex template to work with my site with the help of firebug and some experimentation. Here's a question: in the very top header there is white space to the right of the tabs and above the tabs. I found that if I change the following line from "none" to "repeat" the white space to the right of the tabs goes transparent and the background color shows (this is good). Even though I have no idea what the "repeat" is all about.

{kunena.forum.css (line 116)
background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0;

The site then looks like this:

I understand that the white space above the tabs is part of the tab image files, but the original tabs had transparent space above the tabs, yet the background didn't show through with the above change. I have created new tabs and for now the white space above is actually white, but if I can figure out how to get the background to show through then I'll make new tabs with layers and transparent space above the buttons. Anyone understand my babbling and better yet, anyone know how to make my background show in the space above the buttons?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #2 by Lintzy
try this

{kunena.forum.css (line 116)
background:transparent none repeat scroll 0 0;

More
15 years 1 week ago #3 by waitinginvain
Thanks Lintzy. I tried it but it did exactly what the other changes were doing. It made the area to the right of the tabs transparent and the brown came through, but the color above the tabs is still white. Looks like I'll have to edit the tab image files by removing the dead space above the tabs and putting brown. I was hoping to stay away from that because the brown in this area is a gradient and may be tough to recreate accurately (at least for a newbie like me). Thanks anyway.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #4 by Lintzy
It is always difficult to say, where the problem is, if you can't see the site itself. But your are right, you have to edit the graphics. Cut the white field of the buttons, delete it, don't color it into brown, if this brown bg-color is gradient. Or color it grey /black.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 1 week ago #5 by waitinginvain
I went ahead and revised the tab images with a solid color (no gradient) and you can't really notice. All is good.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds