Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Converting IPB to Kunena

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by Zoolge
Hi,
Is there a way to convert a IPB forum ( www.invisionpower.com/community/board/index.html ) to Kunena. As I really want to move to Kunena but cant if I dont know how to convert my IPB forum.
Please Help.
Thank you in advance :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by johnnydement
Not yet, converters are a must, but right now we're more concerned on getting kunena stable, and j1.5 native.

there's any old FB ipb converter? that "could" do the trick...

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by Zoolge
Replied by Zoolge on topic Re:Converting IPB to Kunena
Ok thank you. Do you know where i can find the FB IPB converter? Also then can I convert from FB to Kunena?
Thank You.

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by johnnydement
Yes, upgrading from FB to kunena is as easy as uninstall FB1.0.5 install kunena ;)

YOu could also, if you can't find any ipb one, use the ipb to smf, and from smf to FB ;)

converters "could" be in old BOJ forums www.bestofjoomla.com

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #5 by Zoolge
Replied by Zoolge on topic Re:Converting IPB to Kunena
Hi,

Thank you, I managed to convert my ipb to smf however I cant convert my smf to fireboard :(
Do you know of a converter for smf to fireboard that works? I have tried a few and they did not work.
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Zoolge.

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by djXpire
Hi, is there any guides or tool we can use for IPB conversion to Kunena?

Thank you! :laugh:

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7 by Lintzy
Hi, i am not sure, but imho there is no existing converting-tool for ifb to fireboard.

So you have to choose a longer way: IFB-SMF-FIREBOARD-KUNENA

Or PHPBB
OR ...?

To convert from SMF, PHPBB etc to Kunena, you have to take the way over Fireboard with converting tools from FB. Search here for it.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 2 months ago #8 by djXpire
nice, thanks for your info, I think I will have to test on local server before I do it on my live site just in case.
But it will be great if there's a tool for conversion so IPB users wont have to go through the long way...

& I believe it will be a good time for some good documentation to be written for Kunena as well...
If help is needed for writing documentation, count me in, I would love to help out. :)

cheers! :laugh:

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #9 by Lintzy
djXpire wrote:

nice, thanks for your info, I think I will have to test on local server before I do it on my live site just in case.
But it will be great if there's a tool for conversion so IPB users wont have to go through the long way...

Not only IPB user, user of other forums have to go the same way -1 step ;). But the kunena team can't develop all at once, they will do in future, but first other things are more important.

djXpire wrote:

& I believe it will be a good time for some good documentation to be written for Kunena as well...
If help is needed for writing documentation, count me in, I would love to help out. :)

cheers! :laugh:

Of course, you can! Join the Kunena Documentation Group , read the bulletins (first of all. read the bulletin Here we Go! ), participate at discussions about the existing chapters (shown in the bulletins), assign for chapters and create them ;), so did i, too.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 2 months ago #10 by djXpire
just applied to join the group... thanks! :)

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds