Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question encoding on migration

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by ruigato
Need some hints/help on this subject:

I have Fireboard (1.0.5RC2) installed on a J1.0 site with the database latin encoded, now i want to migrate to Kunena and J1.5

My question is mainly about the encoding it is enough to migrate from FB to kunena in J1.0 and then copy the kunena db tables to J1.5? shouldnt i make some kind of encoding conversion between the steps?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by johnnydement
no, all encoding will be maintained, we don't change anything on database, we just add some more tables

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by ruigato
Replied by ruigato on topic Re:encoding on migration
Thanks johnnydement

Maybe i wasnt clear.

My current site (J1.0) database has latin encoding i want to migrate all including FB/Kunena to J1.5 with UTF-8.

with english language you dont have problems but i am Portuguese and my database has characters like éçáã that will be messed up if i import latin data into a uft8 database.

Joomla migrators takes care of this (through a php ext. "iconv" i think) but i dont know how to convert the FB tables to utf8 before i insert it on the new database.

Thanks again

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #4 by Randal
Replied by Randal on topic Re:encoding on migration
1. Install MTWMIGRATOR on J! 1.5
2. Install Fireboard 1.0.5RC2 on J! 1.5

In configuration MTWmigrator set parameters of your J! 1.0 database. And enable only Fireboard extension on list, things you want to import. After that start migration. Remember set to NO all things in configuration you don't want migrate.

For me this process change charset from latin to new utf-8 without any problems.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Randal.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by johnnydement
I know, I'm spanish and I use these chars too ;)

You must not worry, kunena doesn't use any of these chars, so when you change encoding, nothing in core kunena would change, maybe your uploaded images and language files.

Just edit them on notepad for example, and remeber to change encoding for them to UTF-8.

The problem would come on the other side, changing UTF to latin, then things like ñ or ç would not be visible...

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds