Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Help wanted: Template JA Sanidine Error

More
15 years 2 months ago #11 by grumblemarc
I think I previously mentioned that there were some CSS and code changes to the Kunena templates. Simply replacing a CSS file was a faulty patch at best. I would o back to the template designer and STRONGLY recommend that they update their template. However since they created for use with FB there is no guarantee that they will since they aren't really obligated to.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #12 by Repelzteeltje
Believe me.. I really want to use Kunena instead of Fireboard...

I've send a email to Joomlart so I'll have to wait for an answer :angry: ( and I think Grumble is right... they don't have to do shit...)

To only thing I can't understand is why you guys cab change an existing FB-template to a Kunena-template and then say to me that it isn't possible...

If someone can say WHAT is changed, you will help a lot of people who are strugling to make there template to work...

In my opinion it's just a css thing so why does it alter the security ?

Maybe there is a admin who can help me convert the template ?

I'm just asking for support, even though I paid for my template...

Excuse me for any errors in my English... I can do it better in Dutch ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #13 by grumblemarc
No one is saying it cannot be done. Use a tool like Winmerge to compare the 2 CSS files side by side. That way you can see what changed and exactly where it changed line for line.

Also since all you did was swap out a CSS file no security flaws from FB should be present.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #14 by johnnydement
Also, we don't say it can't be done, we say right now we have more important things to do that fix a 3rd party template. I'm sure you can understand that.

First we need rest, and then we have many things to finish for 1.0.8, and focus on next version, if we start giving support for other people work, we will run out of time to improve our product, and support it... we don't want to start that wheel.

documentation on changes for templates is currently done.

FYI, I would be first interested, as I'm using sanidine in my site ;)
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by johnnydement.

More
15 years 2 months ago #15 by Matias
This should help to to migrate your template:

docs.kunena.com/index.php/Templates_FAQ

More
15 years 2 months ago #16 by grumblemarc
That's some pretty through documentation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #17 by Repelzteeltje
You can say that allright !

Thanks for the FAQ ... it really helps a lot...

The only thing I can't get to work is the upper pathway... it does not show the proper amount of users...

This morning I received an email from a Joomlart-developer saying they will look at the differences between FB and Kunena..

I've gave them access to my website so with a bit of luck they can fix a proper css

More
15 years 2 months ago #18 by Timi
I was able to get it going. All I needed to do was change forum.css to kunena.forum.css and change the pathway based on a "default" template. It's worked like a charm.

More
15 years 2 months ago #19 by johnnydement
please keep us updated on this issue ;)

We would also love if joomlart people would contact us, seems my mails are getting lost or something... ;)

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds