Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Creating some private forum

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by paxcou
I need to set up some forum for some users but depend on the users, i need to set up some access :

Forum 1 for a group of users 1
Forum 2 for a group of users 2

All user have some the same privileges in joomla (they can all publish articles) but they cannot on kunena see the forum of the other ones.

How can i do that ?

Also in this page on the top menu there is a GROUP link, how can i do that too , that might be the solution. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by woonydanny
The Groups found on the Kunena site is part of Jomsocial component for Joomla. You can buy it at www.jomsocial.com

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by paxcou
is there any other way to create a private forum for some users not defined by egisterded, editor, etc...

Joomsocial looks ret but a bit expeneive.

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
Don't know any offhand that will work with Kunena. Try the JED .

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago #5 by rolandd
Are there any plans to integrate private forums option into Kunena? Currently I am running FB 1.0.5 RC2 with a hack to support this, so can't upgrade to Kunena just yet :-|

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by webjive
I'm in the same boat. The hack on the FB forums works great. It would be nice to have someone convert this hack for Kunena or better yet, make it part of the core.

This is the biggest holdup I have with FB/Kunena and using it for organizational sites or company intranets. Everyone time I get an RFP, forums are part of the requirements doc and they always request private forums.

Thoughts?

More
15 years 2 months ago #7 by Matias
Go and vote for it in uservoice. The feature is in our mind, but it's currently not in the highest priority.

More
15 years 2 months ago #8 by cosmo
Please cast your vote in kunena.uservoice.com/

Search for "private forum"

thanks

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #9 by arsoy
or you could use GroupJive for group creation and integrate it with FB or Kunena.

see demo here
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by arsoy.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds