Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [SOLVED] Upgrading Problems

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1 by linuxgirlie
Hi,

I upgraded my joomla to 1.5.12 and thought I would update my kunena forum to the 1.5 version as well as my joomla was running in legacy mode. But whenever I tried to upgrade kunena to 1.5 it failed so I have given up. I then downloaded 1.0.11 because the reason for update was so issues I was having with images/avatars being uploaded. This installed perfectly with no errors. But....

I noticed that my 'officer' users couldn't see the forums (including myself as an admin) that I had made the permissions to be viewed by publishers only. I checked joomla and they were all still there with the correct permissions, and I checked the user administration in kunena and they were all still listed there, but just couldn't see the forums with the special permissions.

I thought I would synconise the users as I had done with the old version but all I get is this:
Code:
No eligible profiles found to synchronize.

So, I went back to the frontpage and noticed that kunena is saying:
Code:
Installed version: Kunena 1.5.4 | 2009-07-11 | 1730 [ Fale ]

So I have got a 1.0.11 installation that thinks its 1.5.4 :huh:

Is there anything I can do? I don't really want to start from scratch. Is it to do with the database? Can I delete anything out of it, or change anything? All of the front end seems fine.

Thanks,

Jo
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by linuxgirlie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by nzjacob
Replied by nzjacob on topic Re: Upgrading Problems
What Version of Kunena were you running prior to these upgrades ?
What version of Joomla did you upgrade to 1.5.12 ?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #3 by linuxgirlie
Replied by linuxgirlie on topic Re: Upgrading Problems
I was running Joomla 1.5.10
I was running Kunena 1.0.9
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by linuxgirlie.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by linuxgirlie
When I upgraded Joomla, Kunena was working fine for a whole day and then I decided to upgrade that as well and that is when the problems started. I have just found in the database the section which lists all the versions, do you think it is just this that has changed? or something more serious.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by linuxgirlie
I am now deleting it completing and trying again with 1.5

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds