Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena incompatible? But WHY!???

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by CaJuaL
Hello!

I'm having a problem getting 1.0.10 AND 1.5.3 to function properly. I tried both, and neither of them indicate compatibility. I can install them both fine, and have both back and front end show properly.

But here is where problems arise. When I click on a category or thread, I'm brought to my homepage!! When I mouse-over the links, it doesn't lead to anything forum related! My browser says the link simply leads to my homepage. :blink: So this is how I'm almost positive it is Kunena and/or its configuration. I was thinking it may have been SEF, but everybody else has no trouble with that kind of setup.

Anyhow, here's what I've done so far, along with some specs:

1) Legacy mode on.
2) Triple checked php.ini to make sure correct values are in place.
3) Compatible versions of PHP and mySQL.
4) Running Joomla 1.5.11

If anything, I think it may be the fact I installed JComment in the past. I uninstalled it simply because it didn't work for me and I found alternatives, but do you think JComment left traces of items in my web server that renders Kunena incompatible? I just had this though simply because I was searching Google for a solution to this, and ended up seeing a discussion stating how JComm and Kunena aren't quite the best of friends :unsure:

Any ideas? I really don't want to install Joomla... :( Help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by CaJuaL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
One or the other version. Not both. Who said that it was possible to run two versions of Kunena on the same Joomla website?

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by @quila
Hi CaJuaL,

can you provide a link to your forum, so we can look and see the problem? Thanks.

Regards

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4 by CaJuaL
sozzled wrote:

One or the other version. Not both. Who said that it was possible to run two versions of Kunena on the same Joomla website?

Lol of course not at the same time. I tried one... uninstalled.. then tried the other :P SOrry for my poor choice of words!

but yeah... the site is www.DruBzRadio.net

Thanks! :)

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5 by CaJuaL
Ok well I reinstalled it to show what the problem is... but now when you click on the menu link, it just brings you to the homepage lol.... if you mouse over the menu item, you'll notice the link leads to the homepage consequently. So thinking I could perhaps force my way in like a newb, I used the direct link "index.php?option=com_kunena"

and it just gave me a 404 as if Kunena is non existent!

crazy!! :woohoo:

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by CaJuaL
Ok quick update! I checked to see if any sh404SEF links still existed for the forum, and there are. I went to one of them, and it directs me to the forum, but I still have the problem getting into "Welcome home" as you can see with the link I'm referring to here:

www.drubzradio.net/Forum-List.html

Also still having the main menu forum link problem though =( Awwww poop!

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by Hurr1c4n3
First off all, disable sh404SEF.
Second, make a new menuitem with a link to the forum. The old one is broken because you uninstalled the last version. Everytime you uninstall an component and install it again, you have to delete te old menuitem and make a new one. (You can also edit the one that's broken)
third, try again :-)

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds