Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Major upgrade from Joomla 1.0 and Fireboard 1.0xx

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by thune
Hi

I have a Fireboard 1.0 (not sure which 1.0 version) installation and Joomla 1.0 on a Mysql 4.1 server. The new server with Mysql 5 is ready. The end result when I'm done with the move/joomla upgrade should be Joomla 1.5 with Kunena 1.5.2rc which (according to twitter) is in final testing.

My plan is to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 on the new server with Mysql 5 (that Kunena needs) and then use 1.5.2rc to upgrade my Fireboard 1.0 version.

Will this work?

Or do you recommend I use 1.0.10 version and run Joomla 1.5 in Legacy mode and upgrade to 1.5.2 stable later?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
It depends on how quickly you want your website up and running.

I am still involved in reviewing the changes made to K 1.0.10 on one last production site. I was considering upgrading from Joomla 1.5.9 to 1.5.11 but I read several comments from users here that may put that idea back a while and I may leave Joomla as it is (or upgrade to J! 1.5.10). I haven't decided yet. Kunena 1.0.10 was supposed to correct defects in K 1.0.9 but it also introduced a significant number of new functionality; I've spent the past 3 (or 4? - I can't remember now) weeks testing things out.

As far as K 1.5.2 is concerned, I don't know anything about it. Being the cautious optimist that I am :laugh:, I'm holding off with this version until I see the results of other people's experiences. Judging from the number of reported difficulties with K 1.0.10 this could take a while.

If I were in your shoes I would do the planning and migration from J! 1.0 to J! 1.5 anyway and I would take your old Fireboard forum, convert it to Kunena 1.0.10, make the necessary changes you'll find in the "solutions" discussion topic (there are several) - and run your production site there. I would also install K 1.5.2 (when it's available) on a J! 1.5.11 platform as a test site.

Upgrading from K 1.0.10 to K 1.5.x - at a later stage - should be a no-brainer. :)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds