Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question category page shows white page

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by fluffypanther
Firstly hi,

I wonder if in new version(1.0.10) was fixed following error - docs.kunena.com/index.php/Category_page_shows_white_page . I recently installed the new version for first time and keep getting this error. Any suggestions how to fix this would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by grumblemarc
If there is a white page turn on error reporting in Joomla to maximum and report back any errors on the page.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by fluffypanther
I receive this error at the end of page

Installed version: Kunena 1.0.10 | 2009-05-21 | 1344 [ Parier! ] | php 5.2.9 | mysql 5.0.67-community

Fatal error: Unable to load messages.\nDB function failed with error number 0

SQL =
SELECT VERSION() as mysql_version
in /home/ipsesta1/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php on line 59

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
Right now I don't know what to tell you. This error isn't even found anywhere on the net. The last person with this error didn't get his problem resolved after not following the basic install instructions and running with SQL4. Possibly a dev can shed more light on this.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by fluffypanther
Great one more exclusive error :) Anyway, thank you for your suggestions grumblemarc :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Just as a matter of interest: what version of Joomla are you running? Does this error occur on a public/hosted website or does it only occur on your localhost (PC)? If it's your PC where you have the error, can you give us details of what server you are running (for example, XAMPP or WAMP)? I'm not a Kunena developer but this information may help them. Thanks. :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by Lintzy

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by djackso1
I'm also experiencing the same issue. Here is a bit more information to help diagnose the issue.

My Setup:
Joomla 1.0.15
Community Builder 1.2.1
PHP 5.2.3
MySQL 5.0.45-community

I am also receiving the 'white screen' and same error message when a logged in 'Registered' user tries to view the 'Categories' page. It only happens on the Categories page and only for logged in Registered users. All other areas of the forum work as expected.

Also, the Categories page displays as expected when Viewing the page without logging in OR if logged in as a Super Administrator. The problem seams to be isolated to Registered users.

Please let me know if any other info would help diagnose the issue. Thank you.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thank you for the information that you've posted, djackso1.

Can we eliminate one factor, please? Would it be possible for you to create, an "empty" test website, using Joomla 1.0.15 and Kunena 1.0.10 (with or without CB 1.2.1) and one or two registered users, to see if the error reproduces itself? If the error is reproduced in that cut-down test environment, could you then create another "empty" website using Joomla 1.5.10 (with the "legacy mode" plugin enabled, of course) and Kunena 1.0.10 - again, with or without CB 1.2.1 (the choice is yours) - to establish if the error is reproduced?

There has been one documented case where it's been established that Joomla 1.0.15 was responsible for clobbering Kunena 1.0.10 - Category TAB gives several PHP errors - similar to what you've described but, at the same time, different insofar as the other case didn't mention that the error was isolated to registered users. As you will see if you look at the other case, it took a lot of time and patience to identify the cause of the problem.

More
14 years 10 months ago #10 by djackso1
Additional Information:

I turned debug on for the site and the following error message is created when navigating to the 'Categories' view on the forum as a logged in Registered user:

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group by thread' at line 1 in /home/usatf5/public_html/includes/database.php on line 307

/home/usatf5/public_html/includes/database.php:498
/home/usatf5/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/listcat.php:269
/home/usatf5/public_html/components/com_kunena/kunena.php:689
/home/usatf5/public_html/index.php:236

I'll keep testing and report back if I find anything. -Dave

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds