Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Bad Request after Migration

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by asniza
Hi,
I have upgraded my FB to Kunena.. below is the 'wrong' process that I have done.

1. FB 1.0.4 to FB 1.0.5 (on J 1.0.15)
- uninstall FB 1.0.4 and install FB 1.0.5
- no error, I'm using this for more than a year. But after more than a year, my hosting company complaint that my site (query from FB) overloading their shared server. So I decided to upgrade to Kunena. I just uninstall FB and then install Kunena without using any converter.
- After upgraded to Kunena, I still have the overloading problem. So I decided to upgrade my Joomla 1.0.15 to J1.5

2. J1.0.15 to J1.5
- I upgrade my Joomla using mtwMigrator. i can migrate the core component, but failed to migrate FB to the new database.
- So, I uninstall Kunena and reinstall FB because the migrator have FB plugin not Kunena.
- Still cannot migrate... So I decided to do it using phpmyAdmin. I uninstall the FB, install back Kunena. And then export the jos_fb_xxxx from Joomla 1.0.15 Database to my new Joomla 1.5 Database.
- It works fine to me until I discover that I can't use both the mod_latestkunena and mod_latest_kunena that I downloaded from Joomla Extension website. If I use this module, sometimes my browser will give me 'Bad Request' message. And, If I search forum using the 'search' button, it will give this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_substr() in /home/ratuhati/public_html/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 1282
Search Results Searched for: forum

So what can I do to repair my new Kunena forum? I can't start fresh installation because I have over 44K posts and nearly 10K members. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by grumblemarc

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by asniza
grumblemarc,
thank you so much for your reply.

I have replace the files uploaded xillibit (code fixed by Matias). But I still have the problem... the same error message, but diferent lines

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_substr() in /home/ratuhati/public_html/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 1289

and one more thing, what about the BAD REQUEST message by the browser?

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

do you have tried this : www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=93&...it=10&start=20#17062

About the bad request, what browser do you use ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5 by asniza
I use mozilla firefox - newest version. and I'm also using Internet Explorer.
I try to remove cache/offlien files from my browser, also the same problem.

I have to remove mod_kunena_latest and mod_kunenalatest to prevent my browser and other members browser from getting the Bad Request message..

I will try link that you give. Hope it will work. I really need this module fo my site.

Thank You xillibit. Will update after this.

One more thing... after I remove/comment this line, the search function work as I want.. But not sure whether it will give another problem or not.

//return mb_substr($str, $start, $length, $encoding);

Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by asniza.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by asniza
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

do you have tried this : www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=93&...it=10&start=20#17062

About the bad request, what browser do you use ?

I have tried this suggestion, it's not working. 1282

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by mraab
Asniza and Matias,

I am going through the same loop with errors in line 1282 and 1289, depending on which patch I am applying (used all class.kunena.php files from the other thread).

The only solution for me also is to comment out line 1282, which at least fixes the search error - but not sure what other error this may cause further down the track...

Matthias

Deutsche in Melbourne | Deutsche in Perth |
Deutsche in Brisbane |

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by Matias
Quick workaround: instead of commenting out that line, use this:

return substr($str, $start, $length);

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds