Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question how to exclude notifications for only ONE user?

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by carsten888
As a super administrator I get notifications of each post on my forum. I answer those posts with another account. Notifcations are active by default. I don't want to have to untick that notification-box each time I post something on the forum with my moderator-account. Is that possible (without a hack) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
I'm sorry, but there is no configuration option currently to do it.

So you need a hack (should be easy one).

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by carsten888
ok, I will do that and post it here if/when I ever get the time :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by carsten888
OK, got the hack done.

file:
components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php (where default is the template you are using, else template_ex/ or template_gray/ etc.)
line:
Code:
if ($ip != "127.0.0.1" && $my->id != $mods->id){
change to
Code:
if ($ip != "127.0.0.1" && $my->id != $mods->id && $fb_authorname!='carsten888') {
to exclude messages being send to user with username 'carsten888'.

Maybe add a textfield 'exclude notifications to these users' in the config where an array of usernames (id's would be better) can be saved.

hope that helps someone.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by carsten888
and in addition you can set a default for one particular user not to get noticifcations of posts.

If in your forum the default setting for getting notifications of posts is active, then you can disable that for one user. When that user makes a post, the checkbox to get notifications, which would else be selected, can be set to un-selected with this code.

file:
components/com_kunena/template/default/fb_write.html.php (where default is the template you are using, else template_ex/ or template_gray/ etc.)
line:
Code:
if ($fbConfig->subscriptionschecked == 1) { ?> <input type = "checkbox" name = "subscribeMe" value = "1" checked /> <i><?php echo _POST_NOTIFIED; ?></i> <?php }
change to:
Code:
if ($fbConfig->subscriptionschecked == 1 && $my->id!=97) { ?> <input type = "checkbox" name = "subscribeMe" value = "1" checked /> <i><?php echo _POST_NOTIFIED; ?></i> <?php }
where 97 is the id of the user which is not to recieve notifications.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds