Kunena 4.0.2 Released
The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.2 [K 4.0.2] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version is a security release and addresses most of the important issues that were discovered in K 4.0.1 and replaces that version. This is a Security release with 1 XSS Vulnerability in Blue Eagle. Crypsis isn't affected for this vulnerability.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.2 are:
- XSS: Fix issue with autolink (thanx for Carsten Schmitz for reporting this)
- Improve Unread
- Load custom if only exists
- If you edit Videos the message will deleted
- Allow Guests to see Userlist = No - but guests find the userlist by entering the URL
- On reply the topic title doesn't appear in breadcrumb
- Blue Eagle: Image upload works only with Max. Avatar File Size
- Enable topicicon option on J25
- Category moderators are displayed as moderator in all
- Crypsis: 3 party plugins don't showed on new topic
- Ban: delete all posts isn't working
- Poll: Fix option lenght
- Page Class value from menu item
- A symbol for locked sticky topics is missing
- Check during install if fileinfo is enabled to use FINFO class
- Crypsis: Add approve color on message
Where can we "read more about the design objectives for K 4.1"?
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 4.1 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October. You can read more about the design objectives for K 4.1 in the article What is Kunena?
Kunena 4.0.1 Released
The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.1 [K 4.0.1] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version addresses most of the important issues that were discovered in K 4.0.0 and replaces that version.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.1 are:
- Crypsis: Hide empty rows
- Rendering Error in layout Widget/Login/Logout: Property "category_id"
- Replacement of caret.js/atwho.js by using Boostrap typeahead …
- Crypsis: Add language strings user profile message
- Blue eagle: hide real path on edit attach
- PHP Notice: Undefined property
- Guest: New topic with attach not saved
- Crypsis : No new topic button on smartphone
- Template Manager : You can't install templates
- Auto-embded eBay with URL doesn't work
- Remove setting on home menu item
- Twitter and ebay widgets prevent to add the post because there are a lot
- Crypsis : When ReCaptcha plugin is enabled registered users
- Disable topic icons: icons are loading the wrong path
Kunena 4.0 Released
The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 4.0.0 [K 4.0.0] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.1. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 3.0 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 4.0. The Crypsis template works only on Bootstrap 2x Templates, for B3 it will be availible this week.
Kunena 4.0 Release Candidate Released
The Kunena team is pleased to announce Kunena 4.0 Release Candidate [K4.0.0rc] as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 3.0.8 and the various beta releases of K 3.0.0.
Kunena 4.0 is a project that has been over 2 years in the making.
This version is considered to be the final test before the release of K 4.0.0 stable. This version is considered to be stable enough to be used on live production websites in limited usage (primarily for testing) as long as minor issues are tolerated during the time before it becomes a final release. This version may contain features that were not present in earlier versions or may omit some features that were present in earlier versions; as a candidate for release as a stable version, K 4.0.0rc represents the final feature set that will be included in K 4.0.0 stable. The Kunena team recommends installation of K 3.0.0rc on test sites that are separated from production environments.
The purpose of releasing K 4.0.0rc is to obtain assurances about the product, to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through problems before the release of K 4.0 as a stable product. about the reliability and usability of software before producing the final stable version.
While every practical effort will be made to rememdy problems in this version, reporting defects does not mean that problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team looks forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.