Kunena 5.1 Released (13 May 2018)

The Kunena team is pleased to announce Kunena 5.1.0 [K 5.1.0].
Please read the blog post for information: www.kunena.org/blog/192-kunena-5-1-released

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question phpbb 3.0 to Kunena

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by ntatsis
phpbb 3.0 to Kunena was created by ntatsis
Hi,

is there a way to migrate a phpbb 3.0 forum to Kunena 5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 18 hours ago #2 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic phpbb 3.0 to Kunena
Yes, I made a conversion one month ago from phpBB 3.0.14 to Kunena 5.0.13. I am very pleased with the result. The problem is if many members dont have a single post because then they get deleted. I had 2700 members but after the conversion I had 1600 left. You can modify the script for this I know but I have not tested this option myself but it might work. The fix is here message 954:
mixerp.org/forums/thread/364/phpbb3-migration/2
And after conversion Joomla users will get another userid. Might be an disadvantage. I made a more labourious conversion and changed userid for all posts in kunena_messages to Joomla userid. This way I got a perfect conversion, but it took a lot of work. Here you find a tutorial I worked after.

The present conversion script is perfect if userid of Joomla and phpBB 3 is identical and if all members have posts.

www.viska.se/nya-lakemedel/nyheter/339-j...joomlas-kunena-forum

Edit: I made a test conversion for another person with phpBB 3.1 and it seemed to work.
Last edit: 1 month 18 hours ago by Slacker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds